Naming the export

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
sidonie

Naming the export

Post by sidonie »

Hi!
I have a file with several sequences and a few shots in each ( I have a clip by shot and I link them into sequenes)
I named them differently so I know which sequence is what, and I would like to keep this naming when I export each shot as a jpg image.
But for now it just gives the name of the TVP file with increasing number at the end.
Is there any way to get the naming of my clips when I export?`

Thanks for your anwers :)
D.T. Nethery

Re: Naming the export

Post by D.T. Nethery »

sidonie wrote:Hi!
I have a file with several sequences and a few shots in each ( I have a clip by shot and I link them into sequenes)
I named them differently so I know which sequence is what, and I would like to keep this naming when I export each shot as a jpg image.
But for now it just gives the name of the TVP file with increasing number at the end.
Is there any way to get the naming of my clips when I export?`

Thanks for your answers :)
I think what you are asking is how to export each shot (scene) as an Image Sequence of jpgs , right ? And you want to keep the unique name of each shot on the exported jpg images .

I would advise that instead of exporting from the Project:Display tab ,that instead you should export the image sequence from each Clip via the Clip:Display tab . Assign a destination folder for each image sequence , such as a folder named "SEQ_01_SC_01" (for sequence 1 , scene 1) , then assign a unique identifying name to each image sequence , such as an approriate prefix that corresponds to the character's name , then the numbering should start on the first image with 001.jpg . (in my example below the Goose character is named with prefix "G" , and the numbering starts at a 001.jpg : G_001.jpg ... and then all the subsequent images in the sequence will also have the "G_" prefix and will be numbered as G_002.jpg , G_003.jpg, G_004.jpg , G_005.jpg , G_006.jpg , etc. ) The naming/numbering of each image sequence could be more detailed if necessary, such as: SEQ_01_SC_01_Goose_001.jpg , SEQ_01_SC_01_Goose_002.jpg , SEQ_01_SC_01_Goose_003.jpg , SEQ_01_SC_01_Goose_004.jpg , etc.

If the purpose of exporting each scene/clip as a separate image sequence is to do further work on the images in another application , then I would suggest exporting the image sequence with lossless .PNG instead of .JPG .
Name sequence of JPGs for Export.jpg
(click image to see it larger)
JPGs exported in sequential order.jpg

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
sidonie

Re: Naming the export

Post by sidonie »

Thank you I'll try it out and let you know if it works :)