Stroke recorder flip speed

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Greg Lawson

Stroke recorder flip speed

Post by Greg Lawson »

Using the stroke recorder, it seems like sometimes I’m able to draw more on one instance than another, which I guess depends on how quickly I’m moving the stylus before flipping to the next instance. This seems to not occur when I choose the Free Hand Dot mode, which I guess makes a brush draw only once per instance. There seems to be no way to control how quickly the instances are flipped, is that correct? Which means that it’s almost impossible to do timing with this tool, except by improvisation, taking out frames, shrinking or stretching a timeline, etc. Or is there more to the stroke recorder than I see?

Thanks!
Elodie

Re: Stroke recorder flip speed

Post by Elodie »

There is no "stroke recorder" in TVPaint. Do you mean "path recorder" or "drawing recorder" ?
Greg Lawson

Post by Greg Lawson »

Sorry, Elodie, I meant the "Stroke Animator". It's listed in the manual under the "General" tab.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Oh ! Ok. In that case, no, you cannot change manage the timing and the drawing at the same time.

Eventually, you can start with a "timed" layer (your instances get different exposures) and if you uncheck the auto break, you will create a stroke on instances' heads only.
Greg Lawson

Post by Greg Lawson »

Thanks, Elodie, that sounds like a good solution. I'll test it out! :-)