Mac 64bit comments

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
kariP

Mac 64bit comments

Post by kariP »

Hi,
Nice that you finished this new version, it definitely feels a lot quicker. But I've stumbeld into some funniness:

TVP doesn't seem to be remembering my keyboard shorts after I restart.
Unclicking Use OpenGL chrashes TVP.
Wacom bamboo eraser tip doesn't get recognition from TVP.

And a different question: i see in the about box that this version is -Version 10.0 (1)-
How does the updating work between different platforms, do you have to make all the version on all the platforms separately? And is this 64 bit version 10.0.7 or is it still 10.0? (which it seems to be saying.)

I'm on a macbook pro 15", 2.2 GHz, i7, 8GB of 1333 DDR3
Windows 10 (64 bit), 8gb ram, intel i5 10400f. TVpaint 11.7
Elodie

Re: Mac 64bit comments

Post by Elodie »

Hello Kari !
kariP wrote:TVP doesn't seem to be remembering my keyboard shorts after I restart.
Huh ? I don't have any problem. What is your configuration in your preferences > Startup panel ?
kariP wrote:Unclicking Use OpenGL chrashes TVP.
Bug confirmed !
kariP wrote:Wacom bamboo eraser tip doesn't get recognition from TVP.
My intuos 3 does not keep in memory the difference between the erase and the pen extremes on my stylus. For the software, they are the same. No problem with TVPaint 9.5.
Bug confirmed !
kariP wrote: And a different question: i see in the about box that this version is -Version 10.0 (1)-
ah ? I obtain (10.0.7). Did you read correctly ?

Thank you for your comments :)
FATTY

Post by FATTY »

kariP wrote:Hi,
Nice that you finished this new version, it definitely feels a lot quicker. But I've stumbeld into some funniness:

TVP doesn't seem to be remembering my keyboard shorts after I restart.
Unclicking Use OpenGL chrashes TVP.
Wacom bamboo eraser tip doesn't get recognition from TVP.

And a different question: i see in the about box that this version is -Version 10.0 (1)-
How does the updating work between different platforms, do you have to make all the version on all the platforms separately? And is this 64 bit version 10.0.7 or is it still 10.0? (which it seems to be saying.)
I have all the same bug issues.... on top of that i can't reopen any files and when i reopen the software all my preferences are lost.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

FATTY wrote:i can't reopen any files
Yes, the problem comes from the language used by Apple. The 64 bit version has been completely written in another language (Cocoa, instead of Carbon). And unfortunately, it dislikes file types that contain more than 3 letters, and TVPaint files are .tvpp (4 letters).

We are still looking for a solution, but it's not easy.
FATTY wrote:all my preferences are lost.

I don't have this problem. Could you please check if in Edit > Preferences > Startup you are using the mode "Last project settings" ?
kariP

Post by kariP »

Hello Elodie

Yes, it seems to say 10.0.7 on top of the interface. But it doesn't say that on the About TVP animation 10 pro box, and there came the confusion.
Edit: I noticed from: help > about Tvpaint animation, it says 10.0.7, but from: tvp animation 10 pro > about tvp animation 10 pro, it says version 10.0 (1).
and that was where the real confusion came..but now, all is good with this "issue". :)

The problem with the preferences still remain, though I had it on last project settings.

And to Fatty, old projects don't seem to be opening from finder. But works when opened straight from TVP.
Last edited by kariP on 13 Jul 2012, 08:30, edited 1 time in total.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

kariP wrote:But it doesn't say that on the About TVP animation 10 pro box, and there came the confusion.
But, that's weird, because I was talking about the About TVPaint animation box, from Help > about TVPaint Animation...
It is written 10.0.7

kariP wrote: The problem with the preferences still remain, though I had it on last project settings.
Hmm, weird too... I don't have this problem and I am also using a released version.

kariP wrote:Old projects don't seem to be opening from finder.
Yep, if you double click on them, it won't open (that's what I explained above). But if you drag them and drop them in TVPaint, no problem :)
kariP

Post by kariP »

Yes, now its all good.

But with the preference thing, I'll tried to install TVP again, but the preferences reset after restart..
kariP

Post by kariP »

I'm not even able to reset it to Startup panel, it seems like TVp is stuck. I remember the only thing I have done, is that I changed the temporary files folder, and thats all. Can it be the cause?
Ill save my tools, and try to install it again..

Nope, didn't work. I uses appcleaner to get every folder related to TVP out, but still the program wont save any preferences. I'm out of bullets, hopefully your mastercoders can conjure a trick that'll help. :) I'll post more if I figure out anything.
kariP

Post by kariP »

WAit! Ok, I got it why it don't work!
I accidentally found a button to close TVP from: file > quit (shift + Q). I was trying to go to preferences, and this quit button was hit by mistake. TVP closes, and I'm thinking slowly "why?" It felt odd. And this odd feeling gave me a direction to investigate. I haven't noticed this button before (been using cmd + Q) , and now after testing it, I have found out that closing TVP from: File > Quit, saves the preferences. And: TVP animation 10 Pro > Quit TVP animation 10 Pro, doesn't.

I found out also: If I change tool mode and quit TVP straight away, the change doensn't get saved. But, if I change tool mode and then click on any other tool, the change will be there after restart.
Keep Shooting

Post by Keep Shooting »

Thanks for sharing! I was looking for a solution on the lost prefs: never would have guessed there would be a difference in how to quit the application.
After using 'file-quit' TVPAP remembers the projects prefs indeed.

An other thing I encountered after updating TVPAP 10 32 bit to 64 bit (and not changing anything else): drawing sometimes causes a delay in showing the drawn line.
This causes changes in the appearance of the line and it makes it more difficult to draw with precision off course. Don't know where to look for a solution on this one.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Keep Shooting wrote:An other thing I encountered after updating TVPAP 10 32 bit to 64 bit (and not changing anything else): drawing sometimes causes a delay in showing the drawn line.
This causes changes in the appearance of the line and it makes it more difficult to draw with precision off course. Don't know where to look for a solution on this one.
Normally, this bug happens only if the dashboard is above TVPaint Animation (that's why we advise to hide it, or reduce TVPaint's window, in order to avoid any contact between the dashboard and TVPaint). We are still looking for fixing this strange behavior.
kariP

Post by kariP »

Keep Shooting wrote:Thanks for sharing!
No problem! I was spending some time with it, and in the end I just got lucky. Glad it helped somebody else too!
kariP

Post by kariP »

I tried to install Lemecs color palette plugin
http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=ppalette

but 64 bit doesn't seem to recognize it. Tried it with 32 bits and it works fine.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

No older plugins will work in 64 bits and apparently it's a big deal to update these, so you'll find few people interested in going through the trouble.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
kariP

Post by kariP »

Ok, did not know that. I just found this palette, and while testing it with 32 bits, it thought it was prettyy great.

Thanks for the info.