Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Kathy Engelhard

Post by Kathy Engelhard »

Hi fellow artists,
Now, I can't get my little 4.22 KB, saved as a JPEG, 105 x 90 pixel pix to upload. :cry: Really, I've uploaded before on other websites!
Could you please tell me how or lead me to the directions on the forum. Does it go into an approval file before an answer or result shows? Pretty mysterious... Funny thing is that I couldn't find one person having that problem. I guess it's up to me to ask all the unasked questions!
Thank you.
TVPP 10.5
HP Pavilion Elite 180t
CPU: Intel i7-920 @ 2.67GHz 2.67GHz
RAM: 24 GB (23.2 GB usable)
Storage: 4+TB
Wacom Intuos Tablet: 4L PTK-840
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Avatar upload problem <#%&!?!!

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I agree. I would talk less and show more if the system were to become simplified or demystified. It is not that everyone knows how to do it but many of us just gave up trying to figure this out. It's one of those things that I can learn and remember if I use it often enough but are easy to forget when not using it with regularity, and since it takes time to wait for an image to appear, I lost patience and just gave up trying to master the process which includes remembering all sorts of little attached rules.

If this is not the case and I am just stupid, I see nothing wrong with simplifying processes for the benefit of both the stupid and those smart ones who loose the benefit of having more people illustrate their thoughts, ideas and problems.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

gardenflower wrote:Hi fellow artists,
Now, I can't get my little 4.22 KB, saved as a JPEG, 105 x 90 pixel pix to upload. :cry: Really, I've uploaded before on other websites!
Could you please tell me how or lead me to the directions on the forum. Does it go into an approval file before an answer or result shows? Pretty mysterious... Funny thing is that I couldn't find one person having that problem. I guess it's up to me to ask all the unasked questions!
Thank you.
You say your file size is 4.22kb but the limit is 124KB. 120 X 120 pixels so your image may not be 105 X 90 or your saving to the wrong codex. I do that all the time, all these different codexes, where do I learn about them. :(
Kathy Engelhard

Post by Kathy Engelhard »

AH-HA! Here I am! My (self-pic) avatar is now posting!!! :D

Thank you Paul for your sweet understanding. Karl Cohen is a friend of mine and he told me how great you are! So true! I can't wait to see your movie! It's on my Netflix list. Just waiting for it to be available. My real name is Kathy Engelhard. He may have mentioned me to you. Struggling artist trying to make her second little independent animation on her own in California. USA. I am a member of the ASIFA-SF too.
And, thank you, Crayon 10 for helping me think about different codes and file types.

Here's is what it took to make it work. I changed the file type to a GIFF file with the same size pixels and uploaded that new file.

But, I think what really did it was the confusing and unclear line at the bottom that says:

"Avatar dimensions:"
"Specify the width and height of the avatar, leave blank to attempt automatic verification. px × px"

I reread that part that says, " leave blank to attempt automatic verification" and that's the answer right there. It only works when this part is filled out. Then click submit. Then you see immediate success!

I have to tell you it is always fun to express myself with the symbol keys !!!#*&?*> :wink: < I hope this helps others like me.
Last edited by Kathy Engelhard on 24 Jul 2011, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
TVPP 10.5
HP Pavilion Elite 180t
CPU: Intel i7-920 @ 2.67GHz 2.67GHz
RAM: 24 GB (23.2 GB usable)
Storage: 4+TB
Wacom Intuos Tablet: 4L PTK-840
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Well, I was complaining more about the case of uploading images on the forums in general, not just avatars... And I am no sweetie either; just look around some of these threads :evil: But greetings, Kathy, TVPaint is as unique and special as are most of these threads. The software is 20 years old this year and is the oldest animation program in continuous development -- just like me.

EDIT: Tulip is on DVD and available on Amazon as of this week (and Far East hacker's venerated blogs for the past year).
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

gardenflower wrote:"Avatar dimensions:"
"Specify the width and height of the avatar, leave blank to attempt automatic verification. px × px"

I reread that part that says, " leave blank to attempt automatic verification" and that's the answer right there. It only works when this part is filled out. Then click submit. Then you see immediate success!

I have to tell you it is always fun to express myself with the symbol keys !!!#*&?*> :wink: < I hope this helps others like me.
Ok, we will check this. There is maybe a forum bug somewhere.
Fabrice Debarge
artfx

Post by artfx »

I decided to change my avatar and, even though the internet here is horrible and slow, it seemed to upload without problem. I think it is an important point, though, mentioned above, to fill in the image size.
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100