Timeline in seconds [solved]

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Funksmaname

Timeline in seconds [solved]

Post by Funksmaname »

Hi,
I may be being dumb, but I can't see any display of actual time in the interface, only framecount... can I get the time on the timeline, or at least a clock window somewhere else?
Thanks!
Eric Scholl

Re: Timeline in seconds

Post by Eric Scholl »

Hi,

You can see it by clicking on the "Image" button, under the layers colors, at the bottom on the left of the layer panel.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I have a small issue with the timeline numbers: it's always giving me frame numbers in 10s, or 20s or 50s, and in the timecode view very odd increments - anything but whole seconds. Since I often have scenes of longer than a minute this is quite uncomfortable for planning. It's not an issue when the timeline is short and everyother frame is numbered, but it gets in my way with timelines longer than about 50 frames.

What I do as a workaround now is to use the timeline notes: I set the grid to 24 or 25 frames so I can see the seconds. But this costs screen estate again.

What I'd like to have would be additional options in the Frame/Timecode button: "Seconds" with frame numbers like 12, 24, 32, 48, and a useful increment somehow marked in the little lines, like all 8 frames. This is not just tradition: this is the grid I have learned and use all the time for timing my animation.

The "timecode" option could be improved with marking whole seconds exactly.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

:!: I think this is not at all a bad idea. Vegas has something similar, which they call a metronome and can be adjusted individually by the user. I too work in increments of eights -- most of the time, but it can change too. It seems to me to be an easy task for a computer to do, if let's say incremental red lines could be stretched across the ruler in the same manner the ZOOM button works to spread out the timeline itself. If there would be a secondary metronome button, then just by dragging the cursor over this secondary button, one could set one's desired frame count of incremental red lines on the spot and change at any time for the immediate need.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Funksmaname

Post by Funksmaname »

that sounds great!

I found the button for timecode thanks :)