PPALETTE FOR MAC!! WHEN ??

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
oyonawa

PPALETTE FOR MAC!! WHEN ??

Post by oyonawa »

Hello
I am a Mac user and I want PPalette. :)
As Sandra said is a "must have" and I remember seeing it in Paul's Mirage and I wanted since then.

I remenber writting to Lemec asking him for it but he said he just developed for PC.

Who is going to pay him to do it for us the mac users???. Are you TV paint thinking about it?

How much does it cost?

Best,

David
Paul Fierlinger

Re: PPALETTE FOR MAC!! WHEN ??

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

David, you are confusing two plugins. One, the first of the two, was dhomas "youngmonkey" trenn's Picture Palette, aka PP, which I believe is the one you crave. The other one is Perceptual Palette, which is made by Mark "lemec". (my question: why do so many plugin developers choose to ignore capitalization of first letters in their names?) and is referred to as PP, or PPalette; a real color palette.

Picture Palette, as far as I can see, will never be adapted to the Mac and neither will any other plugins dhomas has developed. His Toolbox does not work well anymore in TVP9 and he has shown no interest in even fixing that. He's in it purely for the money and he has lost interest after discovering what all plugin makers know, which is that without a hefty dose of emotional interest tied into the software which supplies the SDKs as a source of plugins, you can pretty much give up any ambitions of making plugins purely as a source of income.

Right here I'd like to hail all the other suppliers of TVP plugins who generously share with us for free so much of their expertise, just for the joy of contributing to the attractiveness of the software. I don't want to attempt to name them because I know I could easily leave someone unfairly out, and there are quite a few of these fellow members to have this happen to me.

What I recommend you do is simply open another project just for their use as picture palettes. Projects can now be reduced to the size of postage stamps and can give you exactly the same functions as Picture Pallete does; you can pick colors directly off of their surfaces too and what they can do better actually is,that they allow you to store within them a whole line of thematic images downloaded from the Internet.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:David, you are confusing two plugins. One, the first of the two, was dhomas "youngmonkey" trenn's Picture Palette, aka PP, which I believe is the one you crave. The other one is Perceptual Palette, which is made by Mark "lemec". (my question: why do so many plugin developers choose to ignore capitalization of first letters in their names?) and is referred to as PP, or PPalette; a real color palette.

Picture Palette, as far as I can see, will never be adapted to the Mac and neither will any other plugins dhomas has developed. His Toolbox does not work well anymore in TVP9 and he has shown no interest in even fixing that. He's in it purely for the money and he has lost interest after discovering what all plugin makers know, which is that without a hefty dose of emotional interest tied into the software which supplies the SDKs as a source of plugins, you can pretty much give up any ambitions of making plugins purely as a source of income.

Right here I'd like to hail all the other suppliers of TVP plugins who generously share with us for free so much of their expertise, just for the joy of contributing to the attractiveness of the software. I don't want to attempt to name them because I know I could easily leave someone unfairly out, and there are quite a few of these fellow members to have this happen to me.

What I recommend you do is simply open another project just for their use as picture palettes. Projects can now be reduced to the size of postage stamps and can give you exactly the same functions as Picture Pallete does; you can pick colors directly off of their surfaces too and what they can do better actually is,that they allow you to store within them a whole line of thematic images downloaded from the Internet.
Paul, you are speaking too fast :)
we are currently working with dhomas and mark to make their plug-in work on TVP Animation 9.0
here is a quote from an email of Dhomas, from ... yesterday.
I'm just working on testing plugins with 9.x and then will update my website and send along a link for you.
Also, don't forget that developping a software or a plug-in require work, time and material (PC, MAC, compilation software, people to make the tests, SDK, ...)
Fabrice Debarge
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I stand corrected. dhomas just never gave us an answer so I assumed he was not interested. Personally, I am not opposed to paying for plugins and have done so whenever I was asked and have many times paid even when I wasn't asked. dhomas has stated often in the past though that he is not interested in developing Mac conversions because there are not enough Mac users to make it worthwhile for him.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Julian wigley

Post by Julian wigley »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:......there are not enough Mac users to make it worthwhile for him.
I am glad Macromedia didn't take such advice...on the otherhand, I'm not sure where such a flash thought ends!
Jules.