Consistent Crashes in 12.0.1 [TVPA-3696] Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
kelanhordos

Consistent Crashes in 12.0.1 [TVPA-3696]

Post by kelanhordos »

I just started having some time to use 12.0.1 today, and I am getting a lot of crashes. It seemed at first to be something related to flipping between frames, and using the swap stylus shortcut(which I have set to a rocker button on my pen) to get to the eraser and then it crashes when I push down on the screen to erase. It is all kind of quick muscle memory stuff I normally do, so I haven't exactly figured out what is going wrong but I started recording some simple animation so I could see a bit better and was able to get the crash to occur 3 times in a few minutes.

Movie file below.
Tvpaint Crashes.mp4
(3.54 MiB) Downloaded 81 times
Edit: After rewatching the video and testing a few things again, I can 100% reproduce the crash by drawing, using pan to move the drawing, switching to eraser via swap stylus, erasing, and then on trying to switch back to brush with swap stylus it crashes.

I will have to test more to see if what I thought I had been doing above was also still causing crashes as I didn't think I was using pan every time it happened, but as I said it's possible it is just muscle memory now and I don't even think about it.

Also I am out of time to test more this evening, but quickly trying out v12.0.0 I can't seem to make this happen there.
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 12 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5
JeremyN
Site Admin

Re: Consistent Crashes in 12.0.1 [TVPA-3696]

Post by JeremyN »

Hello, and thank you for your feedback.
The issue has been fix, and will be available in the next update.
Mac Developer