[TVP12] Drawing tool alert & Reseting tool while pass through the Layers (Folder&CTG)

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
ini

[TVP12] Drawing tool alert & Reseting tool while pass through the Layers (Folder&CTG)

Post by ini »

Currently When we touch the Folder layer,
Current tool is resseting to the first tool which is usable for the layer folder - 'cut brush'

1. I hope there is any way to turn off the alert when I choose the tool that is not usable on that layer.
I choose tools many times, and there is time to changing the tool while current layer is layer folder or CTG.
It takes so much tiredness to killing alert tap.

2.I use only keyboard to control timeline, but if I move the all the way up or down over the hundreds of layers,
I have to pass through or accidently pass through the layer folder, every time I have to change the tool.

Seems CTG layer have a alert like this, which was quite anoying.
and CTG layer have a oposite ploblem which is when original current tool is transform, It changes the current tools to brush.

It means just moving around the timeline and stopping by random layer, that have to be edited, makes the current tool random.

I hope unusable tool is usable as a current tool, even if not usable,
The alert have to be shown, when we touch the screen with unusable tool on unusable layer, not when we choose the tool .
Last edited by ini on 30 May 2024, 17:09, edited 10 times in total.
e-mail : ini@7ini.com twitter : @Ain_is_
-----------------------------------------
TVPaint 11 PRO STD (11.7.0 - 64bits) on
AMD Ryzen9 5950x, 3080 &2080ti, 128GB ram, Windows10, Cintiq 27 Pro (DTH-271)
TVPaint 11 PRO WIBU (11.5.1 - 64bits) on
Cintiq Mobile Studio Pro 13 (DTH-W1321H), Windows10
kelanhordos

Re: [TVP12] drawing tool alert & Reseting tool while Folder layer

Post by kelanhordos »

+1 I am often hitting my shortcuts out of habit and it's annoying to have to close that out. There are several instances where you can turn off warnings and I hope they will add that to this particular one.

Another one that I don't use often but has made trying the tool out annoying is using Healing mode with a large brush. It's understandable on some computers, but I should be able to disable it similar to working at high resolution, etc.
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 12 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5