TVPaint lagging on default screen resolution

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Nagarjuna Gupta

TVPaint lagging on default screen resolution

Post by Nagarjuna Gupta »

I am fairly new to TVPaint and wanted to know why is it lagging on my screen when it is set to 2560x1600 (Which is my screen tablet's default) however it runs smooth on 2048x1280. I use a normal 4k project resolution which I think is fairly standard now. I would really love to use TVPaint on my native screen resolution.

I currently use TVPaint 11.7.2 version. (perhaps there is a more stable version I should downgrade to?)

I feel like my computer is fairly powerful to handle such resolutions. Also I do not use multiple screens or even my laptop screen for the matter.

Thank you, I really wanted to know about this but could not find a proper resolution to this problem. It would be really great if you help me out with this.

MacBook Pro Intel 2.9 6 Core CPU, AMD Radeon Vega 20 4Gb GPU, 32GB Ram. (Sonoma)
Tablet - XP Pen 16 2nd Gen
Driver - 3.4.11
Dean
Site Admin

Re: TVPaint lagging on default screen resolution

Post by Dean »

Hello Nagarjuna, so the lag is different according to the resolution you set on your tablet's screen?
Google tells me that your tablet model has a resolution of 1920x1080 according to the XP Pen website but it might be mistaken.
Do you change the tablet's resolution from the XP Pen driver or from within MacOS directly?
Does the same lag occur when drawing using a mouse?
Probably a vampire
Nagarjuna Gupta

Post by Nagarjuna Gupta »

Dean wrote: 02 May 2024, 07:11 Hello Nagarjuna, so the lag is different according to the resolution you set on your tablet's screen?
Google tells me that your tablet model has a resolution of 1920x1080 according to the XP Pen website but it might be mistaken.
Do you change the tablet's resolution from the XP Pen driver or from within MacOS directly?
Does the same lag occur when drawing using a mouse?
Hi Dean,
So my Tablet's resolution is 2560x1600 (default) however it lags on TVPaint even though it's the same project size.
Yes the lag is different according to my tablet's screen. I changed the resolution through the MacOS, I don't any other way to change it.

The lag still occurs when drawing using a mouse. I think it is a resolution issue.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, does the driver offer you any display settings?
Probably a vampire