TVPaint lags if left open for too long (works fine after closing and re-opening)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Joost

Re: TVPaint lags if left open for too long (works fine after closing and re-opening)

Post by Joost »

I also have this issue!
Enormous lags after my computer turns to sleep.

My solution: I always restart my Mac when I'm back after lunchtime...
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Xavier

Re: TVPaint lags if left open for too long (works fine after closing and re-opening)

Post by Xavier »

Thanks Joost for your tip !
Joost wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 08:12 Enormous lags after my computer turns to sleep.
ChristopherC wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 00:34 If i have TVPaint open for a long while (usually around 1 hour), the brush engine begins to lag like crazy. if i close and open the software again the issue goes away. I usually notice this if i leave TVPaint for a while, and upon switching back over to TVPaint, the lag is there, so i just quit and re-open to get things working normally.
Just a quick follow-up, it seems that there is an issue when the Cintiq is connected through USB-C.
Have you tried a more "old-school" setup with USB+HDMI ?
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

Xavier wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 08:07 Just a quick follow-up, it seems that there is an issue when the Cintiq is connected through USB-C.
Just gave my Cintiq Pro 24 (that's usually plugged in by USB-C) a try with HDMI and USB, no change to any of the lag behaviour at all. i've tried with the other second display un-plugged and running the sleep test, and the lag comes up the same. I tried it at multiple resolutions and no change to any of the lag issues :/
Joost

Post by Joost »

Xavier wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 08:07 Thanks Joost for your tip !
Joost wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 08:12 Enormous lags after my computer turns to sleep.
ChristopherC wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 00:34 If i have TVPaint open for a long while (usually around 1 hour), the brush engine begins to lag like crazy. if i close and open the software again the issue goes away. I usually notice this if i leave TVPaint for a while, and upon switching back over to TVPaint, the lag is there, so i just quit and re-open to get things working normally.
Just a quick follow-up, it seems that there is an issue when the Cintiq is connected through USB-C.

My continue is connected with and old USB and HDMI cable... So USB C not what is giving the issues probably.
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
swiftsketcher

Post by swiftsketcher »

Just wanted to bump to see if there was a solve or acknowledgement of this bug yet. It's been happening to me for years, also on Mac.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, we have recently solved a bug causing abnormal memory usage after a while, so your experience might be improved in the next update :)
Probably a vampire
swiftsketcher

Post by swiftsketcher »

Dean wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 09:09 Hello, we have recently solved a bug causing abnormal memory usage after a while, so your experience might be improved in the next update :)
Thank you for the response!

Is there any timeline for when the next update will launch?
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Swifsketcher, you should hear about it quite soon ;)
Probably a vampire
ilari

Post by ilari »

Dean wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 09:08 Hello Swifsketcher, you should hear about it quite soon ;)
This memory problem has been bothering 3 of my pcs for a long time since version 11.7.1. Laptop with 8gb RAM, older PC with 16gb RAM and my new pc with 32gb RAM all get bottled by memory usage and starts crashing my pc when using TVpaint. Can't wait to see if this solves my issues. Currently I have to monitor my pc memory usage and restart the software when reaching the max to avoid crashing my whole pc.