Exporting -- Config button does nothing

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
cartoonM!ke

Exporting -- Config button does nothing

Post by cartoonM!ke »

Hi,

I've been working on a few projects with TVP Animation and am having some problems with exporting.

First off, no matter what file format I export to, the Config button does nothing.

How do I export a PSD and keep layers? I've been trying to figure that out but all I end up with is a single layer PSD file.

I'm using TVP 8.1 on an IntelMac with OS X 10.4.9.

Thanks,

Mike Rhdoes
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

Mike,
to export properly in PSD format with all your layers, when you are in the export panel, make sure that you are in the "Project Layers" tab.
You'll see that way that the only export format which is offered is PSD and it allows you to export in PSD format with layers.
I agree that it could be integrated to the main export tab "Project Display" though :roll:

Also, if you are in the "Project Display" tab with the PSD format selected and then that you click on the Config button, nothing happens because it only allows you to export in PSD with the layers merged. Either the Config button could be disabled or greyed, either the option to export with layers (or not) could be simply implemented in the Config button.
ZigOtto

Re: Exporting -- Config button does nothing

Post by ZigOtto »

cartoonM!ke wrote:... First off, no matter what file format I export to, the Config button does nothing.
"Config" button should work with these following formats :
- Quicktime
- AVI
- TGA
- Cineon
- Tiff
- SGI
... at least, it does on PC. :wink:
cartoonM!ke

Post by cartoonM!ke »

Thanks for the info.

Gives me a bit to play around with. Totally forgot about that Project Layers tab needing to be active before exporting.

Thanks for the rundown, Zig. I'll be messing around with the formats you mentioned later on today.
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?