Finding Coordinates of the Image of a Point by OOP Rotation

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
NathanOtano

Re: Finding Coordinates of the Image of a Point by OOP Rotation

Post by NathanOtano »

Haha I think I updated my post just when you posted your icons (which after all is a matter of taste haha)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Hey Guys, here is a version without bugs and without popup :) for now people have to read the description of the set button to know that RMB sets scale and rotate, but I'll do an official post soon on the content sharing forum (maybe with the possibility to flip more images). I also have to add the tv_infobar command to have some help at the bottom of the screen to replace the popup.

For now tell me what you think so I can adjust it a little further :)

In this version you can easily know which image you have to click on, even without the popup, because :
- If you have no LT image it's the current image you have to click on
- And otherwise only the LT image you have to click on shows up, plus the current image for reference.
I Don't know if it's more clear or if you need all the images as references for your points :) or maybe for the first click? I actually like this one cause it's more clear on the screen. I also tried to hide the current image while clicking on LT points but found that I still needed it as a reference to choose my points.
Also the panels are hidden during the set process so you know that the script is running, that was one of the reason I needed the popup in the first place.

I corrected a lot of little bugs so you can set the rotate, the scale or both without problems. And it now works with the image marks mode of the LT (there is a little bug in the script language I had to avoid).

Nathan
Attachments
OTANO_OOP_Tools_v00.tvpx
(356 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I find this version more clear. I guess you think of a spot first, so you probably don't need the other images as reference, but I guess others may see this different.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Nice! :)
Would you like it with the current image hidden when you click on LT images?
Working on Windows 10
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Hey, corrected some bugs (if you only rotate and don't scale it now works properly, and it manages image -2 and 2 also) and I added infobar informations to know wich image you're clicking on.
By alt-clicking on the oop set button you can choose if you want the current frame to be shown or not while clicking on LT images, that way people can choose which is best for them (but i'm still curious about which option people prefer). I'll maybe add some more interface options on the menu later.

Nathan
Attachments
OTANO_OOP_Tools_v01.tvpx
(358.5 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Working on Windows 10
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

You should probably share the script through the CONTENT SHARING section of the forum too.
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

I wanted to but I have so much work that I preferred to post it properly later :)
Working on Windows 10
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I completely reseted my TVPaint, cause your script works on my Companion (OS X 10.11), but does weird stuff on my work computer (also OS X 10.11). But now I get this error message if I click on the previous image
Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-03 um 14.55.53.png
Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-03 um 14.55.53.png (12.85 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
Do you know what could have been happened?
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

I had this problem with some classmates D:

I think it comes from LT Settings that, in some cases, are parsing lines in the code that doesn't have the same number of variables (I already asked a fix to TVP).
I mean that, for exemple, I have another variable added to the result of my tv_lightablemode while image marks are activated and not while bookmarks so it moves my parsing one row right for all variables... I corrected this one already so you can use instances, bookmarks or image marks but for exemple the script with gradients as LT colors doesn't work properly. I'd have to find all the cases to cover all the options.

I've been able to fix it manually depending on the settings but it involves some more work to make a universal version. What are your LT settings?
You can maybe try to reset your LT settings or put it in one color mode? I don't remember the default options but maybe they are not the one I had while coding my script?
Working on Windows 10
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I changed it to color mode and now everything is working fine. Thank you!
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Nice ! : ) glad to see its not another bug haha
Working on Windows 10
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

It seems this was the problem all along. I had chosen a gradient as light table color. Maybe you should add this information somewhere.
However really impressive and useful script! The only thin that bothers me a bit is that the script sets the opacity of the light table images to 100%, but I guess this is something I can remove myself if everybody else find it useful.
Thank you for sharing it.
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Yep It's just I figured this out really recently :) now I know I can track those color bugs easily.

There is already an option to see or not the current frame while setting the pegs, and I was also thinking about adding your suggestion about LT Opacity to those options :)
About my process : I usually have a really low LT opacity (5/10%) cause I want to be sure that I'm drawing a solid drawing and not just inbeetweening lines. That's why I need to have a high opacity and hide current frame to see where I wanna click :mrgreen: but I understand the people that work with a high opacity LT.

You're making me wanting to correct the script and post it right now in the content sharing forum haha, thanks!
Working on Windows 10
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I also use a really low LT opacity, that's the reason why it's a bit annoying to set it down again, if the script did it's work. Or is it supposed to set the opacity back after setting everything up and just doesn't work this way on my computers?
Cause this would probably the best way (if it's possible in George). Get the current value of the LT opacity, set it up, so you can see where to click and after rotating, repositioning and scaling the script sets the opacity back to it's starting value.

Hehe I'm glad I'm some kind of help, with all my annoying questions. But yea do that, I'm really a big fan on the script (that's the reason why I reseted TVPaint, to use it) and I guess a lot of people would love to use it.
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Ok I understood the problem :) my script was working with the "0" global opacity parameter, I never use the Opacité of individual images that's why I never had the problem (the global density goes back to normal afterward in the version we were using)

I really wanted to do it so haha, be happy cause there is a new version joined in this message. You'll get back your individual values for each OOP image afterward, and I added an option when alt-clicking on the button to choose if you want or not your LT images to bet set at full opacity while setting them (because I misunderstood your problem, but well it's done so... and that's funny cause I corrected your problem cause I had it after this first correction even without reading your new message. Irony).
I also managed to support the bug when using LT in "image color" mode, so from now on it will work with any LT mode except gradient (I see how to do it but I don't have the time to do it yet).

BTW i'm also a big fan of the script :P I mean, I use it ALL DAY LONG and that's helping me sooooo much. SO I'm happy i'm not the only one haha <3
Attachments
OTANO_OOP_Tools_v02.tvpx
(360 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Working on Windows 10