Mac 64bit comments

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Elodie

Re: Mac 64bit comments

Post by Elodie »

kariP wrote:Could this connection be changed to scroll up and down and/or left and right? If easier, left and right would be enough.
Change the shortcut [wheel down] / [wheel up] in your keyboard preferences :)
kariP wrote:2) This no big deal, but scrolling the timeline up and down it paints some horizontal lines. They stay on top of panels until I move the panel.
Hmmm; I can't reproduce the bug... Why ? because I can't scroll anymore in the timeline :mrgreen:
(using TVPaint Pro 64 bit 10.0.9 - no bug with 32 bit version...)

Edit : Oh okay, you mean you have the bug when resizing the timeline : Ok, I confirm, I get it too. :roll:
kariP

Post by kariP »

Elodie wrote: Hmmm; I can't reproduce the bug... Why ? because I can't scroll anymore in the timeline
(using TVPaint Pro 64 bit 10.0.9 - no bug with 32 bit version...)
Heh, yes, I meant resizing. :D

But about the scrolling: do you use the trackpad on macbook pro, and you can scroll the timeline left and right?

If I open my keyboard preferences and press s, for example, "S: Shape freehand dot" activates. Now, when I use the trackpad up and down, it registers something on the wheel up /wheel down section. And it seems to stay on the "up". But when I sweep down on my trackpad, it doesn't stay on the "down".
So there is some connection, but it's not precise.

Furthermore: What would be the command to scroll timeline left and right? I tried "zoom - scroll left" but it only tries to reposition the drawing area.
Windows 10 (64 bit), 8gb ram, intel i5 10400f. TVpaint 11.7
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

kariP wrote:But about the scrolling: do you use the trackpad on macbook pro
I'm using the scroll on my mouse (I'm using an iMac) =)
kariP wrote: What would be the command to scroll timeline left and right?
It's not possible currently to set this command, because it only exist on Mac, not on Windows or Linux.
kariP

Post by kariP »

Elodie wrote:mouse
Ahaa, got it. :)

I've adapted to the touchpad and gestures neatly. Hopefully one day tvp can benefit from their power.
FATTY

Post by FATTY »

Any news on OSX Mountain Lion 10.8 compatibility with 64bit TVPaint? Upgrade or hold off?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

?

TVPaint is compatible with 64bit Mac for several months. We even released a Newsletter about it : http://www.tvpaint.com/newsletter/fr/Ne ... r1207.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
=)
FATTY

Post by FATTY »

OSX Mountain Lion release date was July 25. I think i got that news letter before the OSX update was out. i have been happily using the latest TVPaint version for a while. Its my operating system that i was worried about upgrading...
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Oh ! so yes, don't worry, everything is compatible. We still have little problems for hybrid network using (for example, Mac lion clients and Windows server), but if you are using a 1-seat license, you won't have any problem :)
FATTY

Post by FATTY »

sweet, thanx Elodie!
CharlieC

Post by CharlieC »

hi folks-
i got to try out tvp 10.0.9 on my mac laptop 10.6.8 (2.53 Ghz intel core 2 duo, 4 GB memory) on my last job and i'm really enjoying all the updates and still learning the features new to me since tvp8.

but a serious issue for me has been raised by 'keep shooting' in this thread:
i too notice a problematic lag when using some tools on my cintiq 15" (which btw system prefs say is "32-bit", version 2.00 tablet, driver version 6.11-2). for example the 'filled stroke' tool (a much-used fav tool of mine) lags almost too much to control, even when drawing slowly; the shape won't start right away, and then cuts corners. same with the selection tool. HOWEVER, i notice, as does 'keep shooting', that there is no such sluggish lagging when the project window is moved into the laptop screen. (but i actually need it on the cintiq, of course.) the problem is the same with the "selection: freehand", and i notice it to a lesser degree, but still problematic, with tools like the pencils in the sketch panel, for instance. "shape settings > line smoothing" is set to "2", and "real time", btw. I'm unclear as to the scope of the forewarned mac dock/tvp issue, beyond a little graphics mess that happens only when launching tvp- is it not an issue if the dock retracts when not hovered over, and tvp is moved away from that part of the screen? (i always work with it away from that side of the screen so i can view other open files.)

i just did a similar comparison with photoshop cs5, which is running in 64-bitmode, and both laptop and the cintiq perform equally well.

any news or advice on this issue?

i'm going to check with wacom and make sure my ciniq has the latest drivers and no other issues.

thanks,
cc
Charlie C

charliecanfield.com
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
chip Apple M1
memory 16 GB
(currently running Monterey 12.6)
Cintiq 22HD (2015), driver 6.3.36-2
kariP

Post by kariP »

I also struggled with this issue yesterday, but it felt even more strange than last time. Normally the lag didn't occur when the tvp window was used fullscreen. But yesterday it didn't work in fullscreen anymore. I managed to drive the lag away only by decreasing the size of the tvp window, so it was 2 cm smaller from all sides than the screen.
I updated my bamboo drivers too, but that didn't have any effect.

Maybe it's not worth mentioning, but when I was using a screencapture software at the same time, for recording my tvp actions, then the lag didn't occur on full screen. Hm? :|
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Charlie, Kari, when TVPaint is lagging, is your dock hidden or not ?

We noticed, with the 64 bit version, that when the dock (and its shadow) is above TVPaint : there is a kind of big lag. That's why we advise pepople who start the 64 bit version for the first time on Mac to hide the dock and avoid this problem.
kariP

Post by kariP »

Yes, i remember this dock thing, but i have mine hidden. Im not now on my computer but I'll have to do some tests, just to see if I find anything. You said, that when starting the 64 bit version for the first time, hide the dock? So starting it up the second time, it will be ok, if opened right the first time? Maybe a fresh install then, and open it with dock hidden?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

No, sorry I didn't explain well : when you open TVPaint for the first time, you have a message saying that the dock may be a source of conflict, by comibing TVPaint + your Wacom. The message appears just the first time, but the condition does not change the other times : each time you'll open TVPaint, you will have to hide the dock or move your TVPaint's windows, in order to avoid any contact with the dock.
kariP

Post by kariP »

Got it.