My Dog Tulip on Blu-Ray?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Paul Fierlinger

Re: My Dog Tulip on Blu-Ray?

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

masterchief wrote:Hey Terrence!!! long time good buddy..

Paul, have you ever considered throwing your hat into the comics/webcomics arena????
I collect two series from Stephen King right now, The Stand, and Darktower. They are distributed through Marvel as individual comics and then they are assembled as graphic novels and distributed in hardbound book form.

I would collect your works, no brainer there. ~peace. ha! a signed copy would go much higher prices too. :D
William, I love animating -- there is nothing to in-between in comics. :)
But in all seriousness, it means so much more to me to be able to tell a story complete with sound, proper pacing and mood changes. I love interpreting feelings, and all of this can be very limited through print. I also doubt that self distribution of Graphic Novels or comics is very profitable, though I may be wrong because I've never looked into it.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

goomba478 wrote:Best of luck to you and your wife and if you hear anything about the physical copies of your movies let us know here on the forums. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond :)
Thank you goomba for the well wishes too; I'll make sure to announce anything I might hear from my producer about where honest people can purchase a DVD, but something tells me that info is in no hurry to reach me, the way things appear to be now.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

Paul Fierlinger wrote: William, I love animating -- there is nothing to in-between in comics. :)
But in all seriousness, it means so much more to me to be able to tell a story complete with sound, proper pacing and mood changes. I love interpreting feelings, and all of this can be very limited through print. I also doubt that self distribution of Graphic Novels or comics is very profitable, though I may be wrong because I've never looked into it.
spin-off from comics:
posters
coloring books
tshirts
figurines
stickers

graphics novels generally include inside information, the making of, etc... sketchbook images.. focused at collector market.
I am not trying to influence you at all, but your work is already widely distributed and you have a fan base. I would be thrilled to see you make your mark in these areas. you have a lot of kids that grew up watching your work on daily basis, and are now adults never knowing where it came from.

~Fierlinger fan
TVPaint Animation Pro v11