TVPaint Animation 11 : ask all your questions here !

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
neonnoodle

Re: TVPaint Animation 11 : ask all your questions here !

Post by neonnoodle »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Just discovered a phenomenal improvement :mrgreen: TVP11 can keep up with my ShuttlePro2. I had limited my use of the scrub wheel because TVP would fall too far behind, unless I would make each turn very gingerly. It still served a good purpose between several frames but was never good for spanning larger distances.

Now the shuttle wheel works as never before (and I had only wished for)! Can someone confirm this? I just wonder if this is due to something else besides TVP11 -- perhaps because I have installed an SSD drive for my temp files?
I've got a Shuttlepro 2 so I can test this -- I assume you're referring to the center part with the dimple on it, not the lateral spring-loaded wheel cuff?
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Thanks, Neon. That's correct; the dimples. Before, it would have never been possible for me to to whirl those dimples as fast as my fingers could manage without having to wait for a minute or two for the cursor to chug along, until it came to the end.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Yes, I notice it is much more responsive than it used to be.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Paul Fierlinger

This is such a pleasant surprise. I just tested the wheel on my Intuos 4 tablet and the same is happening there; the wheel has become much more responsive thus truly useful for the first time.
Paul
momo

Post by momo »

That might sound like a strange question but:

Are the files size still as big in TVP11?

The files in TVP10 get really quickly enourmous when working in 1920x1080.
momo
Paul Fierlinger

Enormous is relative. Could you give us some data; such as the amount of layers and length of your timeline plus the amount of clips within a project? Pick the largest one.

For instance my current Project is 2304x1296 it is made of 12 clips and the largest clip is 720 frames long using 22 layers.
This project takes up only 244MB (TVP11) but when I render each clip as 1080p AVIs to export into my NLE, the weight of those AVI files are anywhere between 20 and 150 MB... which again, I don't consider that outrageous.
Paul
momo

Post by momo »

Ah! This is really true big is relative...

My biggest files was 30 MB :oops: but is only 30 frames long with one layer and no color only pencil( I used the superb tilt pencil made by some genius from the forum but i forgot whom)
Just to see what happens I copied and past the same drawing over 720frames long and now the files is 163 MB... I thought the files would get largers since in my exemple it was about 1mb=1frame, maybe because of the custom brush?

I guess the files dont get as big as I thought they would.
momo
Paul Fierlinger

If the pencil uses paper and is made of an animbrush in its construction it can use up a lot of MBs. Just one clip out of the project I described to you earlier that has 12 clips, uses 240MB after it has been painted with brushes that are made with paper to give the colors a nice texture. This means that just one clip out of 12 uses more MBs than the entire project of 12 clips before painting.

I draw my lines with the basic, unadulterated PenBrush which gives my line a nice pen and ink pure black appearance and keeps the amount of MBs low. My theory is that once the characters are in motion, the look of the lines all become blended into a solid line anyway and makes little difference to the casual viewer, but the wide mass of color is too plastic looking when it is not broken up with the mild dithering a paper element can give it.

I'm not trying to say that my look is better than yours but just explaining what I do to keep the memory of the line art down because it is more important for me to keep the line projects light in memory than the color ones since it is more important for me to have the line art play back at proper speed than during the coloring process. Once you complete a clip which uses a lot of paper brush strokes, you playback speed can slow down unless you use Proxy Rendering.
Paul
swiftsketcher

Post by swiftsketcher »

I don't have any questions, and just wanted to say I love everything I see in the new features list. Can't wait to buy!!
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you for your kind message :)
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

how do you set the custombrush in alphastamp-mode in an action in the custompanel?
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Peter Wassink wrote:how do you set the custombrush in alphastamp-mode in an action in the custompanel?
add an action line with this command : tv_BrushRestore Stamp 1
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Thank you Raymond!
that works

edit#

though when i try to create an all in one custom button that lets me cut freehand a brush and then set this newly picked brush in alpha stamp mode
it won't work.
orangenizer.png
orangenizer.png (9.6 KiB) Viewed 27610 times
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

I think its normal, your first line is only the tool's selection (custombrush freehand-cut ), not its application,
so between line 0 and line 1, you will have to "draw" a stroke to define the cutting line surrounding your (future) custombrush,
to achieve that in one single button, I think it would require a real george script, although not sure it's possible to "Freehand-Cut"
a brush with george actually (Sven or Mad advices are welcome in this matter ...),
meanwhile, you can proceed in 2 steps :
- a) freehand-cut your custombrush,
- b) the following commands (brush "stamp" mode + drawing "behind" mode + color A) all in one shortkey.

2 steps is not that smart than a single one, but it's manageable here.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

ZigOtto wrote:I think its normal, your first line is only the tool's selection (custombrush freehand-cut ), not its application,
so between line 0 and line 1, you will have to "draw" a stroke to define the cutting line surrounding your (future) custombrush,
to achieve that in one single button, I think it would require a real george script, although not sure it's possible to "Freehand-Cut"
a brush with george actually (Sven or Mad advices are welcome in this matter ...),
meanwhile, you can proceed in 2 steps :
- a) freehand-cut your custombrush,
- b) the following commands (brush "stamp" mode + drawing "behind" mode + color A) all in one shortkey.

2 steps is not that smart than a single one, but it's manageable here.
I've never been able to have a button-script work like this... when any of the button's command lines hands over control to some mode of operation that waits for the user to perform something (freehand cut in this case), what appears to happen is control is transferred to the new operation, which after completion cant return control to the button-script to execute its remaining command lines... or what sometimes seems to happen is ALL of the other button-script command lines get executed, and THEN control is passed to the new mode of operation. In this case you allow the user to cut a new brush which is automatically assigned Stamp 0 mode.

Similar scripting limitations occur in other applications (ZBrush for instance.)

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB