TVPaint Animation 11 : ask all your questions here !

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
neonnoodle

Re: TVPaint Animation 11 : ask all your questions here !

Post by neonnoodle »

Elodie wrote:
neonnoodle wrote:!!! I'm thrilled to see all these new features! Can't wait to upgrade. Also, it's fabulous that there is richer online documentation.
Thank you :D
Re-write the doc and put it online takes a lot of time, but when it will be over, it will have only advantages (update it easily, embed videos, etc.)
neonnoodle wrote:There doesn't appear to be a "Purchase" page up yet, though... :?
What do you mean ?
When I am at the address (http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... /tvpap.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and click the "Purchase" button at the bottom, the link says that it's going to (http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... ex.php.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), which when clicked delivers a 404 error. I think it should probably be index.php, without the extra extension on it. I have found the right page, though.

One thing bothers me! I just bought LazyBrush for $60 a couple of weeks ago! Now it appears this functionality has been adapted natively into TVP. :x
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

neonnoodle wrote:When I am at the address (http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... /tvpap.php) and click the "Purchase" button at the bottom, the link says that it's going to (http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ex.php.php), which when clicked delivers a 404 error. I think it should probably be index.php, without the extra extension on it. I have found the right page, though.
Oops, a mistake : there are twice .php.php :roll:

We will fix it ASAP. Thank you !
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

WOW!
That new Warp Tool is blowing my mind!
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

The FAQ states Mac: Lion (10.7) as minimum configuration. Does ist run on 10.6.8 at all, or do I need a new machine again?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

We can't guarantee TVPaint Animation 11 will work well with 10.6.8 (Apple does not support this OS anymore, so how could we ?), so it is best to use a more recent version of Mac OSX.
Robobob

Post by Robobob »

Looks good this far I like the new layout. I agree the butterfly is a bit dommage but that doesn't really change the program. I tried to download the android trial version as well but i keep on having an error message.
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

My compliments, guys.
From what I've seen, playing with the trial version for a couple of hours, this update looks like a substantial leap forward in options for hand drawn animation.

It looks like you've focused on the software's strength (hand drawn 2D animation) and added to it. (Perspective tool, the new warp tool, which will open up many new possibilities animation-wise, I believe). And I'm very glad you've left the silly embellishments - half-assed storyboard camera's and ftp functionalities, for example - for what they are.
Last edited by Sewie on 03 Feb 2015, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Robobob wrote: I tried to download the android trial version as well but i keep on having an error message.
There is no build for the Android version : we did not have the time to work on it, so Android version will come later.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Did anyone try the CTG layers ?
Fabrice Debarge
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Fabrice wrote:Did anyone try the CTG layers ?
They are pretty nice! I only tried colouring in the demo, it feels like a more solid version of the Lazy Brush plugin.

The first problem I encountered though: When I moved my line animation and wanted to move the CTG layer along with it, it said the move tool was unavailable on a CTG layer.

Is there a quick way to move the line animation together with the color layer without using the FX stack?
  • Lukas Sketch Panel
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.3
  • MacBook Pro 2018 macOS Ventura 13.4.1 + PC Windows 10
  • Wacom Cintiq 27QHD + Wacom Intuos4
  • YouTube.com/@ClubBaboo
  • YouTube.com/@FrameOrder
neonnoodle

Post by neonnoodle »

Fabrice wrote:Did anyone try the CTG layers ?
Yes -- they are working speedily. I appreciate the ability to see results instantly rather than in the previous LazyBrush plugin, which required hitting "Paint" manually after each scribble update. Also, quite incredible that the painting also updates when new material is drawn on the linework layer. I still need to take some time to learn how to use the texture system, though.
Robobob

Post by Robobob »

Understandable Elodie. Looks like quite an overhaul this one. I just have another question. If one save's a file with Tvpaint11 will it be backwards compatible with older versions?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

On TVPaint 10.5 : yes, no problem (except if you are using features from 11 : they will disappear on TVPaint 10.5).

On older versions, files won't be compatible (you must uncheck tvpp compression in your preferences).
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Is there a quick way to move the line animation together with the color layer without using the FX stack?
here is a hint : the same instance within a CTG layer can be used on several source images.
Fabrice Debarge
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Fabrice wrote:
Sewie wrote:I see, thanks Elodie.
One thing that is missing, though, is an undo button. Because regular undo doesn't affect the changes in the Guidelines. But that is a feature request, perhaps...

(Or is it a bug?)
Should the undo option work with the guidelines too ? I don't think so.
But I think it should be debated. :)
agreed with Fab, I'm not for the regular Undo working with the guidelines,
but I'm adding my vote for a specific Guideline/Undo to navigate in the historic changes applied on the guideline by the user.
(so, imo, not a bug, ... but a feature request).