TV Paint Stops accepting input after screen Rotation.

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Greg Lawson

Re: TV Paint Stops accepting input after screen Rotation.

Post by Greg Lawson »

I use TVPaint with a LE1700 and have the same problem.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Hey! :o Where did you come from?? :D
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Greg Lawson

Post by Greg Lawson »

Out from under my cozy rock! :-)
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Nah... I think ya finger waz stuck in a dyke again... 8)
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Kylerk wrote:Hello,

I am using TVPaint on an Asus EP 121 tablet. It almost always runs perfectly on this computer except when it stops accepting any input, be it touch, wacom pen or keyboard. This problem happens sporadically but there is one case where it happens very consistently. Because this is a tablet PC, I am able to rotate the whole computer and the operating system changes its whole orientation. After windows 7 has rotated, TVPaint stops accepting any input and must be Killed in the task manager and restarted.

If any one has any ideas of how to solve this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kyler
Ok, I recently changed my Tablet-PC, and noticed the bug on that one.
So, the bug is confirmed. The bugfix should arrive later or sooner.
Fabrice Debarge
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Fabrice wrote:
Ok, I recently changed my Tablet-PC, and noticed the bug on that one.
So, the bug is confirmed. The bugfix should arrive later or sooner.

Fabrice,

Which Tablet-PC do you use now ? I'm still thinking about getting a Tablet PC , but have not decided which brand to get.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hello David,

After almost 4 years of daily use, my old TabletPC Toshiba Portege M400-11C (res 1050 x 1440) is finally not working anymore ... :(

I just changed last week :
I have a now a "Lenovo X220 Tablet" with a i5 processor 2520M 2,5 Ghz, 4 GB of memory, 160 GB of SSD hard-drive, windows 7 64 bits.
(the i7 version was available on sale two days after my purchase ... grrr :evil: but the benchmarks on the web gave a value of 8400 for the i5, and 8700 for the i7, so maybe it was not necessary to have an expensive i7)
The stylus technology is Wacom (we expected N-Trig, but finally it was Wacom :?: )

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/products/prof ... blet.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
x220t_hero.jpg
x220t_hero.jpg (27.56 KiB) Viewed 14151 times
* The first important things to mention is the loss in terms of resolution : 768 x 1368 is incredibly small compared to the 1050 x 1440 of the old Toshiba, and I spent several hours to tweak windows 7, firefox, thunderbird to have more usable places on the screen. (I admit there is also a huge work on TVPaint Animation about this)

* The second one is the SSD : I tested a slow one last year, but the Lenovo's one is really great and fast.
When using : my external harddrive connected, + a video running + our antivirus software running + a defrag, and about 10 softwares installations ... the battery last 5 hours !
When working on my emails and japanese lessons (mostly office software applications) the battery last about ... 8 hours !
On the old Toshiba's it was about 2 hours whatever I did.

* About the stylus :
It's difficult to manage the preferences about the stylus and touch options, since there are so many possibilities between the lenovo and widows pref panels, and also several small embed softwares which are mostly disturbing.
It seems that it's not possible to scratch the screen even it you sketch a lot. (I had a lot of troubles with the scratched sceen on the Toshiba)

* About TVPaint :
It's much faster and responsive than everything I tryed before. The SSD provide enough speed the big files in less than 2 seconds, and the i5 gives enough power to the tools which requires it (animbrushes based on smear and shift)

I will keep you posted about it. :)
Fabrice Debarge
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

nb : Lenovo is in fact IBM. We have choosen it because I prefered to have a 768 x 1368 screen res, rather than the now classical (but not enough) 800 x 1280.

but let's continue the discussion here :
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4959" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This topic is supposed to be about the bug.
Fabrice Debarge