mixage de brosses

Pour la communauté francophone : aidez-vous les uns les autres sur l'utilisation de TVPaint
lapprenti roi des singes

Post by lapprenti roi des singes »

Roh purée, c'est vrai que c'est impressionnant de réalisme. Moi j'ai pas encore réussi à arriver à ce stade -là. Chapeau, Zig !!! (courage, dans 2 semaines je peux poster le mien...yeee-hah!)
Besoin d'un lift? J'ai garé mon nuage pas loin...
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

guys,
I've tried to translate this thread, but it made the posts seems like it is a conversation between a few aliens who meet up in that intergalactic bar in the first Star Wars.
Can anybody please sum up what's discussed here? I looked at Zig's video and it looks interesting...
shed some light Zig, will ya?
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

malcooning wrote:guys,
I've tried to translate this thread, but it made the posts seems like it is a conversation between a few aliens who meet up in that intergalactic bar in the first Star Wars.
Can anybody please sum up what's discussed here? I looked at Zig's video and it looks interesting...
shed some light Zig, will ya?
oh, to resume briefly, it was firstly about mixing 2 different brushes in the same tool,
for instance, with a (future?) connection setting called "transition", if you connect it to Speed,
when you are drawing slowly, you draw with brush A, and when you speed up the stroke,
the brush changes (progressively) into brush B.
... then it was about chineze painting, made "live" on the screen,
and of course, the AutoPaint FX was raised, because once the stroke(s) recorded,
you can re-apply the path successively with different brushes, different modes, different settings,
and you can offset (space and/or time) each new pass (applied stroke),
and that's almost what I did in my chineze stroke video exemple,
my goal was to simulate the old paper and ink behavior, paper absorbing the ink, before drying ...

here we are, ... now, tell me, am I worse or better than babelfish ? :)
anyway, from now on, you can call me "babelmonkey" . :lol:
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

BabelMonkey wrote:now, tell me, am I worse or better than babelfish?
Better or worse is debatable. Certainly you added more character. (not to disregard Babelfish: it has quite an intricate character...).

Thanks for summing this thread up. It sounds exciting, if a 'Transition' connection can exist. The potential of it is immense. Yet I'm skeptical. Unless the CPU is really strong, all these animating instances, particularly if the 'Step' factor is small, will tax performance heavily. no?

By the way Zig, how did you create your 'Demo' of the brush?