TVPaint Animation 11 : ask all your questions here !

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Sewie

Re: TVPaint Animation 11 : ask all your questions here !

Post by Sewie »

Lars K wrote:...

The second question is more of a workflow question. I'm still rather new to animating in general, so please bear with me.
Say I'm happy with the storyboard, perhaps make it into an animatic, and from there want start to make a finished animation. Now I got a bunch of clips with superfluous cameras and large blank areas around the edges, and also a bunch of clips with inconsistent pixel resolution from all the different zoom levels of those clips WITH cameras. And it's got a fairly low resolution overall, since they're just there to suggest, not look pretty.
Are there any preferred way of going about working over these? I discovered Image Source could load other open projects, and found that was pretty neat, but then I would lose the clips/scenes setup and the camera stuff.
Should I just upscale the entire project to accommodate the closest zoom and work from the same file? That sounds bad for the linewidth.
Are the scenes/clips there mainly for storyboarding and simple animations and not for more complex projects, so I should really just split the whole project up into more manageable chunks manually after I'm done?
Or perhaps there's a way to (I doubt it) work with the contents (cameras, clips, ...) of another project, kind of like linking or appending in Blender (or AE I think may do this?), making some sort of a meta-project that references a whole bunch of external or internal project files - often with different resolutions - and let you compose them?
Currently, my money's with chopping up the whole project into a whole bunch of smaller projects as far as practicality go. And I guess using another program for composing and maintaining the entire project?

In any case, it's nothing I can't work with. Just trying to learn how TVPaint works! :D

Thanks for making an awesome program! :D
Everybody has a different way of working but I suppose I would just render the storyboard out and put everything in an editing program (Adobe Premiere or any other) and then replace your rough board shot by shot with the finished animation.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Horganovski wrote:Is there any hope we might see Quicktime export supported in 64 bit TV Paint on Windows at some stage? I see the warning that it's not supported in a 64 bit program, but I have After Effects, Maya and C4D here and all of those are 64 bit and export to Quicktime just fine. It's really handy for saving out a quick preview with sound without having to comp an image sequence in a separate program. I've tried the AVI options but they seem to use weird codecs that don't play very well in my media players (I've tried VLC and Keyframe MP).
I guess the answer is unfortunately NO. If you like you can trude through this thread to find out why.

@Lars K
I guess everybody has it's own workflow, but I currently use the scenes and clips just for the animatic. I create a new project for every shot, so my files won't take too long to save and I'm flexible about the resolution. Then I export the whole scene with Mads AE export script and do all the compositing in After Effects, but as I said I guess everybody doing it differently.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

schwarzgrau wrote:... I create a new project for every shot, so my files won't take too long to save and I'm flexible about the resolution. Then I export the whole scene with Mads AE export script...

That script by Mads now has it's own dedicated button build into TVP11, I noticed!
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Do you talk about the "Export All Images and Layers into Folders" button or is there some other button with Mads script?
INSTAGRAM
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

This one:
MadsButton.jpg
MadsButton.jpg (23.3 KiB) Viewed 26645 times
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I couldn't try this button, since I'm still playing with the demo, but I didn't expected this to be mads script, just something a bit similar.
INSTAGRAM
Lars K

Post by Lars K »

Sewie wrote: I suspect you ran into the same problem I did some time ago.
A'doi, that seems to have done the trick! I knew it would be something simple I'd overlook. A bit unexpected behavior, but eh. Thanks. :)

And thanks for all the input on the second question! Splitting the animatic up into manageable chunks and proxy the results to a comp seems to be a pretty good way to go about it. I found no AE-specific button or format, but the "export all images and layers into folders" button mentioned is indeed pretty neat.
There seems to be plenty of options for going about it, so I'll just have to play around with it. Cheers!
Horganovski

Post by Horganovski »

schwarzgrau wrote:I guess the answer is unfortunately NO. If you like you can trude through this thread to find out why.
Thanks for that, I didn't read through the entire thread but I got the idea :)
I've downloaded and installed the 32bit version as a workaround, for now most of the things I'm working on in TVP are short pencil tests and animatics so I guess RAM won't be a big issue for those and 32bit will work fine.

Cheers,
Brian
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Sewie wrote:This one:
MadsButton.jpg
nope, it's not Mads Export to AE. It's maybe close as it export some images in folders, but it's not the same.
Adobe wouldn't probably allow us to do a such tool officially.
Fabrice Debarge
habashtvpaint

Post by habashtvpaint »

Everyone should try the new CTG layer and the texturizer method. just brilliant, I would upgrade from 10 pro just for this new feature alone. amazing :D
--
Animator for Life
Mac | 3.5GHz i7 | 24GB RAM | OSX 10.9 | TVP 11 Pro 64bit
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you Habash :D
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

habashtvpaint wrote:Everyone should try the new CTG layer and the texturizer method. just brilliant, I would upgrade from 10 pro just for this new feature alone. amazing :D
Fabrice Debarge
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

schwarzgrau wrote:I couldn't try this button, since I'm still playing with the demo, but I didn't expected this to be mads script, just something a bit similar.
Fabrice wrote: nope, it's not Mads Export to AE. It's maybe close as it export some images in folders, but it's not the same.
Adobe wouldn't probably allow us to do a such tool officially.
Oh yes, I forgot that Mads script also has a component that imports the layers and files into AE.
:oops:
Horganovski

Post by Horganovski »

Anyone else finding this version crashing? I've had 2nd crash in a few days just now, I don't think I remember having a crash in 10.5.

Today I was simply in the Hotkey menu adding a new hotkey when I got a lockup and had to force quit. Windows 7 here if that's relevant.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Don't worry, there always have been a few bugs to fix in each new release, even if it was deeply tested during months (or years I should say).
What we need to know to be efficient is those informations : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
+ if the problem happen with a specific project, please upload it somewhere and send it through our website contact form.
by the way, do you remember what you did before tweaking the shortcuts ?
Fabrice Debarge