Glitch makes me restarts TVP every 4min! Help please Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
maryam

Glitch makes me restarts TVP every 4min! Help please

Post by maryam »

Hi, I'm having a strange issue that I have never encountered before.

After just a few minutes of using the app the whole page goes grey so nothing is seeable even the top menu, and as I move the cursor gradually, block by block, bits appear but only partially, so I save-quit-reopen and everything is still there but obviously my settings are re-set so i have to to start make my brush etc and after a few minutes the same thing happens again. I really appreciate quick responses please as I need to finish this animation urgently :( bad timing

Specs:
iMac retina 4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Yosemite 10.10.1

TVP Pro 10 Pro

Many thanks
D.T. Nethery

Re: Glitch makes me restarts TVP every 4min! Help please

Post by D.T. Nethery »

It seems like your configuration may be corrupted.

Try resetting your configuration (create New config) through the Startup panel menu ( if you don’t see the Startup panel when you launch TVPaint you can activate it in the Preferences panel ... in Preferences under Startup set it to Open Startup Panel. )

I hope that helps.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
maryam

Post by maryam »

Thank you for your prompt response. much appreciated.

unfortunately the problem still persists... :(

Any thoughts for what else it might be?

thanks x
maryam

Post by maryam »

Just to let you know that the problem seems to have stopped since about 3 hours ago... and I'm hoping it has for good...

Thank you very much x

Update - the problem is back :(
Last edited by maryam on 23 May 2016, 10:16, edited 2 times in total.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

maryam wrote:After just a few minutes of using the app the whole page goes grey so nothing is seeable even the top menu, and as I move the cursor gradually, block by block, bits appear but only partially, so I save-quit-reopen and everything is still there but obviously my settings are re-set so i have to to start make my brush etc and after a few minutes the same thing happens again. I really appreciate quick responses please as I need to finish this animation urgently :( bad timing
This is a Mac-specific bug (fixed in v11) that makes the interface disappear.
If it happens again, just stretch the TVPaint window, this will force the interface to redraw itself.
maryam

Post by maryam »

Ok I can confirm the issue is back and Not Solved :( stretching the window helps but it's not consistence, the problem comes back. This is happening randomly, sometimes every 4 or 5 minutes. I have used this for years and never had this problem. I really need to urgently solve this as it's slowing down my work : ( any help would be appreciated.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

This issue happens only when you use specific characters, such as ^¨ % etc.

Plus, as Thierry told you, this issue is fixed in version 11. We cannot fix bugs from older versions.
maryam

Post by maryam »

Elodie wrote:This issue happens only when you use specific characters, such as ^¨ % etc.

Plus, as Thierry told you, this issue is fixed in version 11. We cannot fixed bugs from older versions.
But I'm not using any specific characters or text. I'm drawing as I always did for the last 4 or 5 years and never encountered this :(

It's not fair that I have to pay for an update because there is a bug I can't fix : ( is there really no way to fix this? I'm just wondering how come I never had this issue in the last 4 years? :(
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Are you sure you haven't changed any shortcut on your tablet / stylus ?
Maybe it comes from your keyboard.
maryam

Post by maryam »

Yes I am. I've been using it solidly in the last few months with no changes as I'm working on one specific project and am keeping the settings untouched and havent changed my keyboard shortcuts or my tablet for years... Wouldn't dare changing anything until this project is done.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Could you send a screenshot ? It would be more helpful and at least, we would really now if the issue you have is the same as the one we are thinking of.
maryam

Post by maryam »

Thanks for following this up Elodie, much appreciated. Here is a screenshot...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 22.38.09.png
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hmm... So that really is the issue we were thinking of....

That's weird, you are not supposed to have this. Are you sure you did not installed / change anything recently (since the beginning of the glitch, I mean) ?
A software does not suddenly stops working fine without any reasons.
maryam

Post by maryam »

Do you think it might be something that I have installed on my computer recently that is causing this? I can't think of anything though. that is what I'm wondering as well, why suddenly this has happened? Could you think of what softwares or programs on Mac might be causing this? I haven't downloaded anything new, the only think that I can think of is that my computer updates programs like Itunes etc. the usual normal updates, nothing new. I can't think of anything :(
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I cannot tell. I have never seen this before. I mean, yes the glitch could happen, but only when using specific characters.

Have you updated your Wacom drivers recently ? what version do you use ?