Converting QuickTime movie to alpha channels.

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
animatorBellyAcher

Converting QuickTime movie to alpha channels.

Post by animatorBellyAcher »

Hello, I have a QuickTime of some black and white animation a friend did in a different program and I'd like to do drawovers . Problem is I can't use the light table because it's registering the white bg as strokes. Since this is all black line work on a white bg, is there a way to remove all white in that layer and just leave anything black so I can see it when using the light table? thanks!
slowtiger

Re: Converting QuickTime movie to alpha channels.

Post by slowtiger »

Scan Cleaner.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
2dbert

Post by 2dbert »

And the scan cleaner effect can be found in the FX stack under Add FX /Color.
Also, if you want to keep the opaque white for what reason ever, you can lower the layer density and change the light table mode from "colour" or "gradient" to "none". This can be useful if your drawings are made of lines of different colours and you want to keep it that way, because the scan cleaner turns everything to grays, black and white (I think in the latest version there's also a color preserving scan cleaner, though).
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Also try turning off the colors in your Light Table by switching them to image color.

EDIT: 2bert beat me to it. I'm using a different name because I'm working with a different version od TVPaint. For this reason in the future it is a good idea to give the version (all decimal points) of your TVP and your operating system.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet