Cintiq Companion 2 problem

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Greg Lawson

Cintiq Companion 2 problem

Post by Greg Lawson »

I have TVP 11.0.1 Pro 64bits installed on Mavericks 10.9 iMac 64bit with dual monitors

I want to be able to start TVP and have my configuration stretched over two monitors and a Cintiq Companion 2. There's apparently a limitation in Yosemite which causes TVPaint to reopen only on one monitor, meaning one has to stretch TVPaint out again and reposition menus etc each time one opens the program.

So I installed Mavericks and TVP on a bootable external harddrive but was surprised to find the same problem.

With trial and error I discovered that if I saved my TVP configuration while the program was stretched over the Cintiq Companion 2, when I restarted TVP the configuration would revert to covering just my default monitor. If, however, I only stretched it over my dual monitors, not including my Cintiq Companion 2, upon restarting TVP retained the proper layout.

I presume this is a problem with the Cintiq Companion 2, but just wanted to check if anyone else has had this problem, or if there is any known, or possible, solution.

Thanks!
Fabrice

Re: Cintiq Companion 2 problem

Post by Fabrice »

Our companion2 is out of the office with Léo, one of our employees. We will test as soon as he is back.
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Can you go to Preferences > Mission Control > and uncheck "Displays have separated spaces". Then restart your Mac and see if you still experience the issue.
Greg Lawson

Post by Greg Lawson »

Hi Elodie,
Thanks for your response. Unchecking "Displays have separated spaces" was the first thing I did in order to drag TVP across the dual monitors, but this does not help the problem of TVP not saving a screen configuration which includes the CC2.

Hopefully Leo will be able to shed light on this when he returns, Fabrice. Thanks!
Greg Lawson

Post by Greg Lawson »

Did Leo ever have a chance to address this problem?

Thanks!
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Leo is on holiday. But since he let his Cintiq, I can proceed with tests right now :)
Greg Lawson

Post by Greg Lawson »

Much appreciated, Elodie! :D
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Actually, the problem is not only with the Cintiq, but also with other monitors... which is weird, since I'm sure we had already fixed that issue... :|
Back to the To do list...
Greg Lawson

Post by Greg Lawson »

Great - thanks for checking! Nice to know it will be fixed! :D