Using TVPaint with 2 monitors, but Cintiq on right

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
matthewchapman

Using TVPaint with 2 monitors, but Cintiq on right

Post by matthewchapman »

Hey all-
Just started a new animation gig and they are setting me up. Using a new Mac Cylinder, but running Bootcamp on it for Windows. I have a Cintiq, but it is not nearly as nice a monitor as the Thunderbold LCD Apple display (on the left), so I made that my primary display. I like to use two displays with TVPaint, one for my layers (non-cintiq) and one for most everything else. The problem now is that I have been able to move all the panels I need to the drawing side (the non-dominant monitor), but all the menus such as FILE, EDIT, PREFERENCES remain on the left, out of quick reach of the pen.

I use display toggle, something @Paul has apparently no idea about (see THIS THREAD : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... ide#p74108 which allows me to use the pen as an input on the non-Cintiq monitor.

Does anyone know how to get the menus to the cintiq if the Cintiq is not the dominant monitor upon startup?

Thanks
CHapman
D.T. Nethery

Re: Using TVPaint with 2 monitors, but Cintiq on right

Post by D.T. Nethery »

matthewchapman wrote:Hey all-
Just started a new animation gig and they are setting me up. Using a new Mac Cylinder, but running Bootcamp on it for Windows. I have a Cintiq, but it is not nearly as nice a monitor as the Thunderbold LCD Apple display (on the left), so I made that my primary display. I like to use two displays with TVPaint, one for my layers (non-cintiq) and one for most everything else. The problem now is that I have been able to move all the panels I need to the drawing side (the non-dominant monitor), but all the menus such as FILE, EDIT, PREFERENCES remain on the left, out of quick reach of the pen.

I use display toggle, something @Paul has apparently no idea about (see THIS THREAD : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... ide#p74108 which allows me to use the pen as an input on the non-Cintiq monitor.

Does anyone know how to get the menus to the cintiq if the Cintiq is not the dominant monitor upon startup?

Thanks
CHapman
I would suggest Menu Everywhere http://www.binarybakery.com/aprod/menueverywhere.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , but it is for Mac OS only (and you said you're using Windows on that Mac Pro cylinder). Why not just switch over to running TVPaint on the Mac side of the partition ... or does it have to be in Windows for some reason ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
matthewchapman

Re: Using TVPaint with 2 monitors, but Cintiq on right

Post by matthewchapman »

Yes I use a couple other programs that are Windows only, mainly Sony Editing Software. But what I export from TVPaint usually goes straight into that timeline, so switching the OS in between compositions would be a bit of more of a headache than using the mouse to get over to the other monitor. I suppose I'll configure the Wacom Cintiq buttons to just handle most of the menu items I use. Pretty much it's only New layer, and Export, etc.