extend shorcut possibilities (pan,zoom,hover click..)

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Kwadrope

extend shorcut possibilities (pan,zoom,hover click..)

Post by Kwadrope »

TVPaint has awesome shortcut system I won't deny that. But it's still lacking for me as in some places it still forces you to use it a certain way.

-hover click is necessary (pan,zoom) to make the process more fluid without needing to touch the canvas. Zooming and panning is less stressfull for the hand if you have the option to just do it with your stylus hovering above your screen. To me at least. This could even mean that just holding ALT (or ALT+RMB) and then moving your stylus could move the canvas. It's more natural and less stressful. (but make it an option)

-You can't put a give pan (alt) your own shortcut. I don't care that it's on alt, you should be able to make an extra one on a different shorcut if you choose. But if possible you should be able to use ALT to something of your choosing as well

-You can't give smooth zoom (alt+RMB) your own shortcut

-you can't use RMB to use with modifiers nor can you rebind RMB to something else then "secondary action"

-configuring MMB was possible in TVP9.5 ,it doesn't seem to be anymore...?

I am asking these
1)because I am used to them
2)to relieve my left hand (shortcut hand) from additional stress.

if I can put my most used functions (zoom,pan) on my stylus ,with hover click, then I reduce a lot of stress from my left hand. I need to be careful with it to not develop RSI at this point from working.
I am in the process of dropping every program that does not let me handle it the way I want to (photoshop etc...) in favour of those that give me the most options.

I have just upgraded my licence to finally have a better linux version on my system,but I'll still need to be able to interact fluently with it before I do so extensively.
I have not worked with TVPaint in months because I started dreading using it because of the specific problems I have.

I don't want to drop TVP,nor do I want to change any default or workflow. Pan and zoom can remain on the buttons they are now. Just give the user the possibilty to FULLY control their workflow.

if I am wrong about any of them please let me know.

I have not yet installed my new TVP10.5 so my info might be mistaken,but the demo of TVP10 seems to suggest I'm not.

I want to use TVP again,I upgraded in the hope that I will be able to,again.

thank you
Elodie

Re: extend shorcut possibilities (pan,zoom,hover click..)

Post by Elodie »

Thank you for your interesting feedback, we will have a look on this :)
Kwadrope

Re: extend shorcut possibilities (pan,zoom,hover click..)

Post by Kwadrope »

Elodie wrote:Thank you for your interesting feedback, we will have a look on this :)
thank you,I hope something comes of it..?

I finally installed my new tvp version on linux and so far it works. But those shortcuts and not having hoverclick is still an issue

And I do hope MMB and RMB re-appear in the shorcut list (as well as shift+MMB,CTRL+MMB etc...)