Henk's issues with TVPaint 10.5

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Henk Beumers

Re: Update 10.5.0 issues

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi all.
As I posted on this forum quite a while ago, I have these crashes for more than a year. Everything I did suggested in this forum to solve the problem did not make any difference. One thing that keeps coming up is the crashes related to the selecting tool combined whit another tool. I my case it's the selection tool and warp. TVP crashes every single time if I use this combination. It also crashes on other tools but not every single time. I also can not get rid of a brush attached to the cursor. It became so annoying working with TVP 10.xxxx that I got back to TVP 9. So my system is setup to make use of all the advantages comming with a 64 bit system but I can't use them. Expensive joke.
Since I don't get feedback in this forum anymore and there is no reply on my repeated Emails I just keep using TVP 9.

Henk.
Henk Beumers
TVP 10.05.7 pro 64 bits W7 pro 64 bits. Intel i5 2.67. Mem 16gig.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Henk, what you describe has been fixed in TVP 10.5, but I think it was fixed even earlier. In any case, keep an eye out for a new release very, very soon.
EDIT: Actually, I see it has been already released. :)
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Henk Beumers

Henk's issues with TVPaint 10.5

Post by Henk Beumers »

I hope so Paul. I'll maybe try 10.5 after made a fresh install of W7 on a new disk. W7 could be one of the problems although I run every update.
Henk.
Henk Beumers
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Windows updates can be trouble too, but how is one to know?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

We all suffer in silence.
Henk.
Henk Beumers
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Henk Beumers wrote:Hi all.
As I posted on this forum quite a while ago, I have these crashes for more than a year. Everything I did suggested in this forum to solve the problem did not make any difference. One thing that keeps coming up is the crashes related to the selecting tool combined whit another tool. I my case it's the selection tool and warp. TVP crashes every single time if I use this combination. It also crashes on other tools but not every single time. I also can not get rid of a brush attached to the cursor. It became so annoying working with TVP 10.xxxx that I got back to TVP 9. So my system is setup to make use of all the advantages comming with a 64 bit system but I can't use them. Expensive joke.
Since I don't get feedback in this forum anymore and there is no reply on my repeated Emails I just keep using TVP 9.

Henk.
I'm with Paul here, just try the lastest 10.5.2
We have fixed many problems.
Fabrice Debarge
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi all.
So I installed W7 on a new disk (SSD) and after the installation of TVP 10.5.2 everything works just like it should.
Still we don't know what fixed the whole problem. Maybe when there's time I boot on the old disk and install 10.5.2 also in the old enviroment. Just to be sure I spend all that money for nothing.
But fot the moment I'm happy.
Henk.
Henk Beumers
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi all
Yesterday late, in the new fresh install the problem with the cutbrush reapeared. I select "b" for brush and cut a part from the image. The brush sticks to your cursor untill you press it down somewhere. For some reason you want to cut the brush again so you hit undo to get the drawing in its original state. You hit "b"again and at that moment the cutbrush that sticked to your cursor doesn't disapear as it should but is now fixed on the position your cursor was when you hit "b". Most of the time it blocks your view so you have to cut a new brush to make it disapear. But the brush isn't any good because your view was blocked. So you have to make sure the cutbrush on your cursor is out of the way before you hit "b". Grrrrr.
At least no crash for now.
Then I just booted from the old drive and updated TVP to 10.5.2. No problems. No crashes. No misbeheaving cutbrush. Weird. :evil:

Henk.
Henk Beumers
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi all.
So I startup this morning on the old drive agian and now after one shutdown and startup it shows the same misbehavour as the new setup. No crash but the cutbrush problem I discribed earlier that wasn't there yesterday is now also on this system.

Henk.
Henk Beumers
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

can you record a video with your problem ?
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Stupid thing is that it not happens every time. Today no problem. If it occurs again I'll try and make a recording of it.
It happens on both the installations. A friend thinks it's very likely to bee a problem caused by the grafics board. I'll try to update the drivers a different way. If there's no difference i'll try an other GB.

Henk
Henk Beumers
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi Elodie.
I tried to record a tutorial. It seems logic to click record tutorial. Do the thing you want to record and than click record again to stop recording. Than generate tutorial.
But it doesn't work that way. There's no Pdf manual so i can only guess.
Henk.
Henk Beumers
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi Elodie.
I tried to record a tutorial. It seems logic to click record tutorial. Do the thing you want to record and than click record again to stop recording. Than generate tutorial.
But it doesn't work that way. There's no Pdf manual so I can only guess.
Henk.
By the way. There's an other thing that's back again. I discribed it also earlier. The preview button in the effectspanel is not reacting. There's an effect I want to adjust. Preview is activated. I can see all the changes I make. Fine so far but when I want to deactivated the preview button to evaluate the difference between on and off, the effect stays activated so I have to click first somewere to deactivate the preview.
Henk Beumers
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

If you don't mind, I think you should open a specific topic about your issues.
I'm not sure there is any link with the 10.5 here.
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Re: Henk's issues with TVPaint 10.5

Post by Elodie »

Ok done :)