TVP10 64 bit, keyboard shortcuts, old TVP-file and scrolling

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
JohanKlungel

TVP10 64 bit, keyboard shortcuts, old TVP-file and scrolling

Post by JohanKlungel »

Hello there,

I just bought TVP 10 64 bit and run it on OS X 10.8.2 .

I have a few questions:

- How do I make my keyboard shortcuts default? I can save them in a .cfg file, but every time I start up, the standard configurations are back.

- Is it impossible for older version of TVP to open TVP-10 64 bit files? Because even when I save as an old TVP-file, I can't seem to open it in an older version.

- When I scroll through a project frame by frame with the arrow-keys, which I do a lot, it's very slow. Especially backwards. Even when my project is very small. Any idea what the problem is there?

I hope you can help me.

best regards,

Johan Klungel
Eric Scholl

Re: TVP10 64 bit, keyboard shortcuts, old TVP-file and scrol

Post by Eric Scholl »

Hi JohanKlungel,
JohanKlungel wrote: - How do I make my keyboard shortcuts default? I can save them in a .cfg file, but every time I start up, the standard configurations are back.
Go into "Edit->Preferences->Startup Tab" and make sure that the "Startup Project Settings" is set at "Last Project Settings" .
JohanKlungel wrote: - Is it impossible for older version of TVP to open TVP-10 64 bit files? Because even when I save as an old TVP-file, I can't seem to open it in an older version.
An older version of TVPaint should be able to open 64bits files, what are the versions of all of your TVPaints ?
JohanKlungel wrote: - When I scroll through a project frame by frame with the arrow-keys, which I do a lot, it's very slow. Especially backwards. Even when my project is very small. Any idea what the problem is there?
With Mac 64bits, OpenGL, which is used to display everything in TVPaint, has got a performance issue. So we're working on a solution to make it work faster, this solution will be available in the next update of TVPaint.
For now, you can try reduce a bit the size of the TVPaint's window, it can improve the perfomance of OpenGL like this :
Capture d’écran 2013-03-15 à 13.37.53.png
JohanKlungel

Post by JohanKlungel »

Thank you for your answer.

- The shortcuts work now, great.

- I really can't open a TVP saved from 64 bit with another version. I tried with 9.5 and with 8.5 and in both cases the file opens, but it's empty.

- Do you know when you will have a solution for the slow scrolling with the keys? This really makes working for me very unpleasant. I bought the 64 bit version to have a better workflow, and right now it does the opposite.

regards,

Johan Klungel.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

JohanKlungel wrote:Thank you for your answer.

- The shortcuts work now, great.

- I really can't open a TVP saved from 64 bit with another version. I tried with 9.5 and with 8.5 and in both cases the file opens, but it's empty.

- Do you know when you will have a solution for the slow scrolling with the keys? This really makes working for me very unpleasant. I bought the 64 bit version to have a better workflow, and right now it does the opposite.

regards,

Johan Klungel.
But what are the exact version numbers ?
10.0.X
9.5.X
8.5.X

Some bugs have been fixed already, but we need to have the exact information.

Can you send to Eric your file so he can test ?
Fabrice Debarge
JohanKlungel

Post by JohanKlungel »

The versions are:

You can download an example here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2zicbf7u72wv3 ... JEtest.tvp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thank you.
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

JohanKlungel wrote:The versions are:

You can download an example here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2zicbf7u72wv3 ... JEtest.tvp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thank you.
hello Johan,
I can open it in my 9.5.18 version (Win32 OS), and the Galileo loop indeed is there .

ps : idem in my 8.6.4 version, it loads without problem.
Last edited by ZigOtto on 27 Mar 2013, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

I can't load it with 9.5.21 32 bits MacOSX.

I'll look at it !
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
JohanKlungel

Post by JohanKlungel »

hi there,

Find out anything yet?

Hope you can solve it. We work together here in our studio a lot and it's just very unpractical like this. i have to render out Tifs all the time, which means quality- and time-loss.

Johan.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hello Johan.

You should be able to open your file with a 32-bits version of TVPaint 10 (worked well on my OS X 10.8.3), and then export it from the 32-bits version of TVP 10 to the 32-bits version of TVP 9.5.18.
We're still working on a fix but you can still use this for the meantime.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Should be fixed in the next build.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

JohanKlungel wrote:- When I scroll through a project frame by frame with the arrow-keys, which I do a lot, it's very slow. Especially backwards. Even when my project is very small.
Also fixed.