Hello everybody, I'm new to this Forum and software.

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Anythinggoes

Hello everybody, I'm new to this Forum and software.

Post by Anythinggoes »

Hello everybody.

I'm new to this Forum and the Software.
First of all, I like the natural feel of the drawing tools. They are at a 'Autodesk Sketchbook' standard, which is a compliment.

The interface is intuitive and I can feel that in time it will be a familiar one.
There is a lot to figure out still but that's what the manual is for, a paper one should be handy though.

I started out with the Mac 64bit software but after a few random crashes and difficulties importing ProRes and H264 .mov's
I went 32bit, the 64 one doesn't feel stable enough to work on comfortably, to bad that I can't use all my RAM.

I installed TVP also on a windows PC so I could check everything on both machines, the windows 32bit worked like a charm so that why I decided to go for the Mac 32 bit as well.
When I have the time I will install the 64bit windows on the PC and see how well it does.

Thanks TVP team for this welcome addition in my software arsenal.

Have a great day,

Peter
Elodie

Re: Hello everybody, I'm new to this Forum and software.

Post by Elodie »

Hello Peter,

Thank you very much for your kind words and welcom the TVPaint community :)
Anythinggoes wrote:I started out with the Mac 64bit software but after a few random crashes and difficulties importing ProRes and H264 .mov's
Hmm, that sounds bad. Thank you for reporting the bug, we will do our best to fix that.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

please can you send us via wetransfer an exemple of file which makes tvpaint crash ?
Fabrice Debarge
Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes »

I'll send the files. The big one is the ProRes I was trying to import, the result are white frames in the timeline.
The small file is the same footage but with a H264 codec, but upon importing the footage there were some frames added in the beginning.

Let me know if the same happens in France.

Keep the files confidential, there are from a TV program I'm working on.

The little girl is telling the joke:

Two apes are sitting in a bath.
One of the apes says: 'Oooo Oooo Oooo, Aaaaa Aaaaa Aaaaa'
The other ape replies: Why don't you add some cold water then?

It's for a 6 year old audience.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Hi,

ProRes bug confirmed, but because Apple doesn't support Quicktime in 64 bits, there isn't much we can do about it, unfortunately.
H264 bug (repeated frames at the beginning) also confirmed, we need to take a deeper look at this one.

The best way to work is to export your video as a PNG sequence, and import that into TVPaint. Sound as WAV.
In fact, that's simply the best way to move video from app to app...
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

ematecki wrote:ProRes bug confirmed, but because Apple doesn't support Quicktime in 64 bits, there isn't much we can do about it, unfortunately.
H264 bug (repeated frames at the beginning) also confirmed, we need to take a deeper look at this one.
Can you use ffmpeg/libav instead like on Linux? I believe it is available in 64-bit on OS X (static build)
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX