Audio playback changed speed suddenly

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
k00kla

Audio playback changed speed suddenly

Post by k00kla »

I have animated an entire scene to a piece of audio. I had the lip sync working and everything was going great. Suddenly, TVPaint started playing the audio back at a faster rate when I do a playback, making it out of sync with my animation. When I scrub the audio, it still seems to line up properly, but playback is totally out of sync. The same problem occurs when I open other scenes. Help! I'm not finished with the scene, so I can't just sync it up in another program. I have work to do and this is really messing me up! Thanks.
ematecki
Site Admin

Re: Audio playback changed speed suddenly

Post by ematecki »

Are you using a Mac ?
In this case, try the following :
Open Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup
Be sure the "Format" is the same as in TVPaint (Preferences > Sound > Sampling Rate).
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
k00kla

Re: Audio playback changed speed suddenly

Post by k00kla »

Thanks. What an unusual solution! At first, I set the TVPaint setting to match the 48000Hz sample rate in Audio MIDI Setup, but that didn't work. I still had the same problem. So I changed the TVPaint setting back to 44100Hz and changed the audio MIDI Setup to match that and now it works. I guess I don't know what to do if I want to work at 48000, but that's not important right now. Thanks for the help! :)