TVPAINT ANIMATION 10 : Pre-order now !

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Klaus Hoefs

Re: TVPAINT ANIMATION 10 : Pre-order now !

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

Elodie wrote: (...)
I will split tomorrow the topic and will move it in the "off topic" :mrgreen:
Not a bad idea !

----

Does v10 handle Audio-files the same way as in 9.5 ?
I remember to call the MagicNumber and then to set the playback speed of audio-files - is this way to work out of date ?

Post by Elodie »

I've split and moved the "out of topic" =)

Concerning the sound, I don't remember if something change. But I can say that the magic number's shorcut has changed, to avoid bad manipulations (CTRL+D is too easy to find and for people used to photoshop, it is "clear selection"). Now the shortcut for magic number will be Alt + Shift + End, if I remember well =)
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

You know, sound is essential for doing films,
Especially for those of us who use it not only as a background doodle but
animate in rhythm of sound, or doing e.g. lip sync.
I think it should be easier and more comfortable to get the right playback speed of sound (to put the rate to 12.5 or whatever).
And btw do Mac- users have the "end"-key ?

Post by Elodie »

Klaus Hoefs wrote:And btw do Mac- users have the "end"-key ?
It depends. What is you keyboard ?
Kathy Engelhard

Post by Kathy Engelhard »

Hi everyone, what an exciting sounding upgrade! I had just bought the full version of TVPP 9.5 in June. Would I qualify for a free upgrade if I have not upgraded yet or expanded (except my mind) in any way? I haven't post 65 times on the forum but I read a lot of posts and use the tutorials. Thank you for always working on improvements in making the animation process a little easier.
TVPP 10.5
HP Pavilion Elite 180t
CPU: Intel i7-920 @ 2.67GHz 2.67GHz
RAM: 24 GB (23.2 GB usable)
Storage: 4+TB
Wacom Intuos Tablet: 4L PTK-840
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hello Kathy,

I have just answered you by PM.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

We forgot something great in our feature list !

Do you remember what [Z] does when using a custom brush ? Yes, it resizes your custom brush. Now, with TVPaint 10, you could do the same with any drawing tool (except mechanical and text tools, of course).
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

That could be handy.

Are there other changes in the brushes and in brush behaviour?
I understand that there was an ambition to have a wider range of real media brushes: are there changes in the way the brushes can be adjusted to get a likeness that's closer to real media?
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Sewie wrote:Are there other changes in the brushes and in brush behaviour?
I understand that there was an ambition to have a wider range of real media brushes: are there changes in the way the brushes can be adjusted to get a likeness that's closer to real media?
Except the features already mentioned in the list (new drawing modes for some tools, for example), there are no more changes.

I am really sorry for the waiting ! But here are some screenshots about TVPaint 10 Professional :
Here is an example of the new tool bin with the brushes history on the left and the history panel on the right.
Here is an example of the new tool bin with the brushes history on the left and the history panel on the right.
Here is a screenshot with the different new features : stopwatch, history panel, groups for sound and layers, image marker panel... Animation by Chad Essley (Cartoon monkey)
Here is a screenshot with the different new features : stopwatch, history panel, groups for sound and layers, image marker panel... Animation by Chad Essley (Cartoon monkey)
The storyboard in timeline mode, with group for sound and clips. The yellow band = stretching the clip's duration =)
The storyboard in timeline mode, with group for sound and clips. The yellow band = stretching the clip's duration =)
exemple_storyboard4.pdf
And the same storyboard, published as a PDF file.
(876.73 KiB) Downloaded 1368 times
Enjoy !
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Ooh thanks! Nice to see the new version!
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You're welcome =)
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Thanks for the screenshots. I'm happy to see that the interface still looks familiar enough to me. The new 64 bit feature should be a great addition, I think, especially for those working with larger file sizes and high resolutions. And being able to group layers will definitely speed up my workflow and make the layout a lot clearer when working with big scenes.

Going through the new feature list for V10 I'm left with a few questions, though;
Elodie wrote:
Internal AVI

TVPaint Développement team has created an internal AVI format for its software. This format proposes different compression levels and does not depend on any codec in your computer.
Thanks to that format, you will obtain the same export quality, whatever your operating system (Windows-Mac-Linux) and / or the linked codecs.
This is an export compression I assume; will this new AVI format be importable in other editing programs like Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut?

Create instances more easily

TVPaint Animation 10 allows you to create a new instance anywhere in the timeline. This is very useful, because you do not have to create your images manually: draw and animate, frame per frame, without caring about creating instances. TVPaint Animation will generate automatically the instances.
How is this different from the "auto break instance" feature that is in the current version?
Line smoothing

TVPaint now includes in the « Shape settings » panel a line smoothing feature, allowing you to make the inking step easier. Thanks to this feature you will not have to anymore experience shaky lines where not desired.
And is this the same feature as the one that is in the current version as well?
Last edited by Sewie on 22 Nov 2011, 09:03, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Sewie wrote:

TVPaint Animation 10 allows you to create a new instance anywhere in the timeline. This is very useful, because you do not have to create your images manually: draw and animate, frame per frame, without caring about creating instances. TVPaint Animation will generate automatically the instances.
How is this different from the "auto break instance" feature that is in the current version?
yes Sewie, it's different :
"autobreak" instance work into (existing) instance,
the "auto-create instance" announced by Elodie is something else, when you start to draw somewhere in the timeline with "nothing" in the current layer,
f.i. if you have a 10 frames long animlayer, go to frame 12, draw, hop! a new instance is automatically generated to recieve your new drawing. 8)

for your other questions, I let Elodie & co to answer.
(afaik, the line smoothing is the same that we already have in v9.5) :?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Sewie wrote:Thanks for the screenshots. I'm happy to see that the interface still looks familiar enough to me.
You're welcome. Yes, we improved (or tried so) the interface, but keep it as close as it is currently. By the way, with TVPaint 10 you will be able to use the mouse's scroll wheel to go up and down in the panel bins and timeline =)
Sewie wrote:
Elodie wrote:
Internal AVI

TVPaint Développement team has created an internal AVI format for its software. This format proposes different compression levels and does not depend on any codec in your computer.
Thanks to that format, you will obtain the same export quality, whatever your operating system (Windows-Mac-Linux) and / or the linked codecs.
This is an export compression I assume; will this new AVI format be importable in other editing programs like Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut?
Normally yes, it should be. We don't have those programs here, but beta-testers doesn't seem to have any problem.
But I reassure you : if you have AVI codecs on your Windows, you can still use them.

Sewie wrote:

Zig answered you perfectly : in fact, there will have now the auto break instance (that breaks the instance when drawing on an exposure cell) and the auto create instance.

For example :
auto create instance01.png
auto create instance02.png
auto create instance03.png
Sewie wrote:
Line smoothing

TVPaint now includes in the « Shape settings » panel a line smoothing feature, allowing you to make the inking step easier. Thanks to this feature you will not have to anymore experience shaky lines where not desired.
And is this the same feature as the one that is in the current version as well?
Yes =) We added it in the feature list because everybody don't update (some people are still using 9.0 or the first 9.5 versions). Logically, we should also mention again the out of pegs.
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

I see. Thanks for the explanation, Zig and Elodie.
The more I see and read about this new version, the more I like it. Can't wait to try it.