windows seven and tvpaint:

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
riche

windows seven and tvpaint:

Post by riche »

i am having trouble getting the full utility of my pen in the tvpaint program with my cintiq monitor.
i have updated all of my drivers including the chip set drivers from intell .
i have reinstalled tvp and i have updated my drivers from wacom.
i am still restricted in my use of the stylus while using tvp. this is unique to tvp. do you have any suggestions...

thank you

rich
good fortune to you
riche
Animark

Re: windows seven and tvpaint:

Post by Animark »

Hi,

I don't have any problems with Win7, 64Bit and Cintiq. But what ist wrong? Could you describe what the pen is doing or not.

I heared often that there are problems with the wacom driver. I would try to find an older one and give them a try. I have 6.1.2-5. Works fine.
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)
riche

Post by riche »

Animark wrote:Hi,

I don't have any problems with Win7, 64Bit and Cintiq. But what ist wrong? Could you describe what the pen is doing or not.

I heared often that there are problems with the wacom driver. I would try to find an older one and give them a try. I have 6.1.2-5. Works fine.
okay thanks animark... i've had major distractions here today and have not been able to follow up on the forum... thanks again
good fortune to you
riche
riche

Post by riche »

okay the pen sticks like it will on a grid that is set to snap to... the pen for drawing works well no problems with that.... when using any utility other than drawing , like the square , oval , circle , and or custom brush tvp will cut off my stroke or stick .... also i try to move the sliders and the pen sticks and it is nearly impossible to move them. anything other than the drawing and eraser function the pen sticks.... this behavior is unique to tvp it does not occur in the other programs like adobe flash etc...i hope this is clear.... if you need a better description than this please let me know and i will make an effort to explain it more clearly.....

thank you so much for your time...

rich

take care
good fortune to you
riche
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

riche, can you make a try with wintab unselected in the preference panel.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
riche

Post by riche »

Hervé wrote:riche, can you make a try with wintab unselected in the preference panel.
hi herve,

i tried but to no avail.
i used an earlier driver from wacom and the functions i have describe were eliminated ... however it had even worse symptoms...
i touch the pen to the tablet and it is like releasing the display.... oh well .... i can work around this for a while...
i cannot remember what the default wintab, subpixel settings are ...

thanks again for your time...

rich

i think you have a world class product in tvp...
good fortune to you
riche
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

riche wrote: i touch the pen to the tablet and it is like releasing the display.
What do you mean?
can you elaborate?

default setting are: Wintab = ON, Subpixel = ON (unless on Mac, which is off, or non existent)
riche

Post by riche »

malcooning wrote:
riche wrote: i touch the pen to the tablet and it is like releasing the display.
What do you mean?
can you elaborate?

default setting are: Wintab = ON, Subpixel = ON (unless on Mac, which is off, or non existent)
with the cintiq i can move from the cintiq monitor to the other monitor by pushing display toggle on . with the older driver all i had to do was touch the monitor with my pen and wallah display toggle triggered...

rich thanks
good fortune to you
riche
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

riche wrote:with the cintiq i can move from the cintiq monitor to the other monitor by pushing display toggle on . with the older driver all i had to do was touch the monitor with my pen and wallah display toggle triggered...
Isn't this something you can set in the Wacom preferences in the control panel (i'm just guessing. I don't have cintiq but knowing Wacom for years now I can anticipate their horrendous software).
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Over in the TVPaint forum other users report about trouble with Win7 and Cintiq as well. It looks like Wacom (again) has released a faulty driver, which causes trouble on some machines but not all.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
riche

Post by riche »

slowtiger wrote:Over in the TVPaint forum other users report about trouble with Win7 and Cintiq as well. It looks like Wacom (again) has released a faulty driver, which causes trouble on some machines but not all.

thank you for that information... it is extremely helpful...nothing more frustrating for me than computer problems....

thanks again

rich
good fortune to you
riche
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Ooops. Was posting in the wrong forum without noticing ... must've been Out of Coffee Error.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
riche

Post by riche »

the problems i was having with the mouse, tvpaint, and windows 7 are resolved. windows 7 will resize the windows automatically by dragging them to the top of the screen having this feature active interfered with the operation of my mouse. disabling it solved my problem... :D
good fortune to you
riche
MartindeMadrid

Post by MartindeMadrid »

"Re: windows seven and tvpaint:

Postby riche » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:28 pm
the problems i was having with the mouse, tvpaint, and windows 7 are resolved. windows 7 will resize the windows automatically by dragging them to the top of the screen having this feature active interfered with the operation of my mouse. disabling it solved my problem... "
============================
Wehere in Windows 7 do you change the automatic resizing of the windows? Using an Intous 3 tablet, TVPaint will crash after a few minutes, only when running TVP, no other program. I hope this will solve the problem. Also when running two monitors, one of higher resolution than the portable, and I have the TVPaint screen spread over the two monitors, the portable's screen will only show about 2/3 of the TVPaint screen, moving it up will also move the other screen up. Any suggestions?
riche

Post by riche »

go to your start icon and run search for turn off automatic window resizing or simply type in resize. i think the information is in make the mouse easier to use

rich
:D

let me know if this works for you.
good fortune to you
riche