disappearing images

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ematecki
Site Admin

Re: disappearing images

Post by ematecki »

Happy to know it works.

We did the same with our backup disks here at TVPaint.
We did buy the very first esata drives and a esate card for our server for way to much bucks :)
Did never work reliably, very bad for a backup which is there to save your ass in case of a server crash !
Now we use USB, twice as slow, but at least we know it's safe.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
Scoobyx

Post by Scoobyx »

Three different computers on three different occasions art in the program or files related to it disappeared....
yes this has happened to me tooo -not very often--I believe it is a security vulnerability-The target TVPaint and its related files...The image was most likely compressed and stolen through your network- as paranoid as it sounds you have to back up on a external hard drive-.Safer yet write it to DVD as soon as possible..Use COMODO..I also had stuff that was related to TvPaint disappear from the External Hard drive TWICE -specificly the jump usb drive AND THE REGULAR EXTERNAL DRIVE....This program is very far behind its times and there are far too few 2D programs like it ...Technology in programs of this 2D animation kind is over 40 years old and it may be still controvertial as to whether we should be using it outside of major Studios...Something is going on with the growth of technology and the way we artist use it...We are being spied on or manipulated by very sophisticated and seemingly disturbingly powerful tech people. One more generation of this program and we can do an incredible amount of work from home ...and 2D animators may be the focus of that scrutiny.
Scoobyx

Post by Scoobyx »

Your observations are Technically skewed. They are not telling you everything. Be paranoid backup and get Comodo.5.0..This prog is being targeted ..Look at the things its allowing good artist to do on YouTube....Dont underestimate the enemy of freelance 2D animators....this technology in TVPaint is old but controversial.
Yours is not a technically unique experience as they are describing it to you. It happened to me three different times on three different systems with different tech security and OS system...
Scoobyx

Post by Scoobyx »

I find it disturbing that a program should tell you that ((what is done is done))..It is very annoying and proves the programmers to be immature and makes TVPaint seem like a bug rather than a serious animation tool that can be recommended to serious artist.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

If you are so paranoid, what are you doinf here where over 1500 people are watching everything you are doing ?

More seriously, give us any FACT that prooves anything you are saying, and we can start a discussion.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
chatbraque

Post by chatbraque »

Scoobyx wrote:I find it disturbing that a program should tell you that ((what is done is done))..It is very annoying and proves the programmers to be immature and makes TVPaint seem like a bug rather than a serious animation tool that can be recommended to serious artist.
(il a pas pris ses gouttes celui là ?! :D )