Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
CoreyAnimator

Re: How to change the size of the project

Post by CoreyAnimator »

ah i see now, Gracias Paul : )
CoreyAnimator

Post by CoreyAnimator »

So while Im at it, I have a quick question about cameras. I want to add a camera that is the exact same size as my project and fits exactly in the center not leaving any open spaces. The camera is going to do other things but for the moment I need it to be exactly in place. I cant figure out how to get my camera to snap to the size of the frame, I manuelly try to move it but I still keep getting black edges. Is there a way around this?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Well, at the moment you can zoom a lot and change the X and Y values, in order to have the camera exactly in the good place... If you are looking for a button which auto-centers the camera, it doesn't exist, but it could be interesting to add one =)
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

CoreyAnimator wrote:... I want to add a camera that is the exact same size as my project and fits exactly in the center not leaving any open spaces. The camera is going to do other things but for the moment I need it to be exactly in place. I cant figure out how to get my camera to snap to the size of the frame, I manuelly try to move it but I still keep getting black edges. Is there a way around this?
that's something already requested, Camera/Reset should auto-center the camera which have the same size than the project.
(actually, reset camera is deleting the camera, meaning "Camera/None").
edit : meanwhile, you can RMB-click /Reset Parameters Value on the center point. 8)
yako

Post by yako »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:I should have mentioned that if you RMB on top of the clip or selected clips in the project tab, at the bottom of the menu you'll see "Create a new project from selected clips" and then you can rename and modify the new project and delete the clip from the original project.
Hi guys,

Sorry need to push this thread. I didn't understand where I can find "Create a new project from selected clips".

The only projecttab I see is this: Image
And there is no option like this by pressing rmb.

:?
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

It's a little tricky to click on the thumb the right way. I am talking about the thumbs that you will see when in the project mode. Sometimes it can be easier if you first click on the "Z" and drag right to make the thumbs bigger. Then LMB click inside of the image part of the thumb so that you see a bright yellow frame. When that is lit, RMB click in the thumb and you'll see what you are looking for at the bottom of the menu.

EDIT: The PROJECT tab is on left top of the layers panel.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
yako

Post by yako »

Thanks for the reply, Paul.

Yeah that's what I already did. As you can see on the screenshot it's the projecttab and the project is selected = yellow frame. But still the dropdown menue doesn't show this option.
Is this maybe a new feature, that isn't included in version 8.5 ?
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

yako wrote: Is this maybe a new feature, that isn't included in version 8.5 ?
Oh. Most likely it is not in 8.5. I was wondering where you got your screen shot from. If you are into serious work I highly recommend upgrading. TVP Pro 9.5 has many new and brilliant enhancements.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:
yako wrote:... Most likely it is not in 8.5. I was wondering where you got your screen shot from. If you are into serious work I highly recommend upgrading. TVP Pro 9.5 has many new and brilliant enhancements.
+1 for the recommendation
and even if you are not in serious work, you may update to the last FREE version (v8.6.4 I think), because 8.5 is a veeeeery old (and buggy) one ...
yako

Post by yako »

Yeah I see... too bad it's not included in 8.5.
I'm pretty new to animation, but I try to get into it. What I saw from 9.5 in the tutorial section pretty wet my appetite... but a bit too expensive for educational purposes. Anyway, thanks a lot , guys. I think I'll stay here for a while. :)