How to Erase most recent stroke ?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
dan

How to Erase most recent stroke ?

Post by dan »

Hi Guys,
I'm watching the video tutorial for painting and I saw this cool feature at the beginning of the video.
http://www.tvpaint.com/training/tuto10m ... ouring.php

I wonder how to setup that Erase most recent stroke on TVPaint.

can somebody please guide me step-by-step ?

Thanks ahead, :wink:
ZigOtto

Re: How to Erase most recent stroke ?

Post by ZigOtto »

(multi) Undo ? (shortkey = U)
dan

Post by dan »

ZigOtto wrote:(multi) Undo ? (shortkey = U)
My shortkeys are kind of different then the default shortkeys, so U is not working,
Can you please explain me how to setup this "special" eraser under one of the brush tools (or however it should work).
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Just use the simple Undo, on my Mac it's apple-Z. You have Undo, you just may not have the same shortcut.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
dan

Post by dan »

slowtiger wrote:Just use the simple Undo, on my Mac it's apple-Z. You have Undo, you just may not have the same shortcut.
Maybe I got the wrong idea from the video... I thought this feature isn't a regular UNDO Last Action (Ctrl Z).
I thought it's something like actually erase only the last stroke manually with the eraser option on my brush
which could be very cool... But thanks anyway for the fast answers, Have an awesome day :)

Sorry about my bad English.
Last edited by dan on 25 May 2009, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

dan wrote:"special" eraser
?

Do you mean that you want to erase your last stroke controllably with the pen (like an eraser) or do you want to just simply delete your last strokes?

If the latter, then the go to Edit menu > Undo.
Otherwise, press the right-click button on your pen and, while pressed, use the pen to erase your strokes.

as for setting keystroke, do CTRL+K. thi is the keyboard shortcuts panel. Pres you desired key-combination (it'll show you it on the left hand pane) and then look for 'Undo' in the right pane, select it, and click 'assign'

anyway, you better take a look in the user manual.
dan

Post by dan »

malcooning wrote:
dan wrote:"special" eraser
Otherwise, press the right-click button on your pen and, while pressed, use the pen to erase your strokes.

as for setting keystroke, do CTRL+K. thi is the keyboard shortcuts panel. Pres you desired key-combination (it'll show you it on the left hand pane) and then look for 'Undo' in the right pane, select it, and click 'assign'
I'm not talking about the normal UNDO Last action (Ctrl Z), I'm confused now..
Because in the video I saw how he draw a line.
then erasing only part of that single line without erasing the lines behind it (in the same layer).

Ctr+K is set to nothing, empty in my case because I don't use the default shortcuts settings.
and I was looking on the commands (on the right) and find lots of UNDO's not sure what is what.. and I only know the regular "UNDO Last action" which isn't what I'm talking about.

I don't see any UNDO under one of the brush options, one of them is my Erase... but can't see something like UNDO brush option, that's why I'm confused. :?

Is there a video tutorial or screenshots to show the progress how to setup it step-by-step since I got lost...
I'm also looking at the manual, and see a lot about the regular undo, I'll keep on looking but nothing about this feature so far.
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

Just draw with the right mouse button with the tool dry option unchecked.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
dan

Post by dan »

Hervé wrote:Just draw with the right mouse button with the tool dry option unchecked.
Thanks, I guess I had to reset the Cintiq's properties Right Click, and it's nothing to do with special brush inside TVP.
So while I draw I hold the pen's button and it works great, amazing feature.

sorry for the annoying post, but who know maybe some day it will be useful for somebody new to tvp :)
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Hi Dan,

I use the drying parameter all the time when drawing - very useful. Your question got me to thinking I would like to be able to toggle drying off and on using a shortcut key but couldn't find a toggle drying option in the shortcut key list... so I wrote a short script that does that, which is posted over in the Content Sharing forum. If you're interested, take a look.

And thanks for asking the question in the first place. :D

Sven
Last edited by Svengali on 29 May 2009, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
dan

Post by dan »

Very Cool !
I'll check this out, It sounds very useful.

Have an awesome day :)
Michail

Post by Michail »

Hey Guys,
I'm glad that someone has started this topic. I was very frustrated, because i have seen the same Tut as dan and I couldnt figure out where to actvate the "undo brush" feature.

Anyway I still don't understand how to make it work. Does it only work in the 9.x version of TVP , because I use 8.5.4

I'd be very glad for a detailed instruction how to make this feature avaiable...

Thanks
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Michail wrote:Anyway I still don't understand how to make it work. Does it only work in the 9.x version of TVP , because I use 8.5.4
We don't support this old version, because there is a free update of TVP Animation 8.6.1. First up to date your TVP Animation please.