PROBLEM WITH CUT BRUSH IN TVP9 ON A MAC

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
oyonawa

PROBLEM WITH CUT BRUSH IN TVP9 ON A MAC

Post by oyonawa »

Hi
I am having a problem with Cutbrush in the new version TVP9 pro in my mac and it looks it is a bug.
This used to work pretty fine in 8.6

I cut a part of my drawing and the cut disappears from the cursor until I hit Z or R for scale it or rotate it.
If I move it after hitting Z I see the cut inside the red box I can move it wherever I want.

Until here everything fine.

BUT when I find the place I want to put the cut and I click to release it, this disappears and the red box too. The cut is still in memory but I don't see it and in impossible to allocate it where I want.

Somebody having the same problem??

I am getting crazy trying to figure it out if TVP changed something in this version or is a bug in the program.

Thanks!

David
guitartist

Re: PROBLEM WITH CUT BRUSH IN TVP9 ON A MAC

Post by guitartist »

David,

Please check your Preferences/Display/Tool Display and make sure the "Hide Tools Preview" is not checked. I dealt with this issue in previous versions of Mirage & TVP until I figured this out. It's possible that the default setting enables the Hide Tools Preview and when you installed TVP 9 it reverted to this default.

By the way, I'm using TVP 9 Standard and the Z shortcut works as you described for scaling, but the C key is used for rotating. The R shortcut is for the rectangle tool. Is it different in TVP9 Pro?

Ron
oyonawa

Re: PROBLEM WITH CUT BRUSH IN TVP9 ON A MAC

Post by oyonawa »

Thanks so much Ron.
It was the "Hide Tools Preview" button. Now works perfect.:)
I am using a Shuttle Pro and I assigned the R key to rotating and the Z for scaling.
Thanks again :)

David