idragosani's drawings

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
idragosani

Re: idragosani's drawings

Post by idragosani »

Some more sketches from my caricacture class, all done in TVPaint, of course. I think everyone else in the class is using PhotoShop but I just don't care for using PhotoShop for doing "penciling". Thw top two pics are collections of thumbnail drawings that will be done over as more finished pictures. The guy with the huge beard is actually a hippie wearing a bandana, but he came out looking like a sultan or something.
Attachments
kathy-thumbs.png
beardman-thumbs.png
lesson2-faces.png
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
idragosani

A quick sketch done today in TVP

Post by idragosani »

carlin.png
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

George Carlin?
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Tantalus wrote:George Carlin?
Aye
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

I didn't really know Carlin.
The news of his passing triggered me to look at some of his stuff, i think he was a great comedian. i really love his performance, his storytelling.
I also discovered that Carlin was famous for his quotes, some of them i knew but never knew they were from him, here are some:

-Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

-Always do whatever's next.

-May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

-Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

-"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

-The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live

-Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?

-Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

-“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

-Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

-One can never know for sure what a deserted area looks like.

-When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?

-When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands.

-Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.

-When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.

-You know an odd feeling? Sitting on the toilet eating a chocolate candy bar.

-You know the good part about all those executions in Texas? Fewer Texans.

-Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

:D :(
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

I'm glad you bring his words up. I was just reading that sarcasm may be a survival skill in people. I know he sure helped me survive psychologically some scary stuff through the years with his penetrating wit. He was brave too...often in trouble for his words--like Lenny Bruce.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Sierra K Rose wrote:I'm glad you bring his words up. I was just reading that sarcasm may be a survival skill in people. I know he sure helped me survive psychologically some scary stuff through the years with his penetrating wit. He was brave too...often in trouble for his words--like Lenny Bruce.
That's funny, I read that same article the other day, about sarcasm having evolved as a survival skill!
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

Tantalus wrote: -Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
And I thought i made that up! There's a look at reality.

-"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?
As one beginning a brand new divorce, my vote is YES!

Guess i'll be tearing apart that workspace, i posted the other day. :?
"When the love of power is overcome by the power of love, the world will know peace.”
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Good luck with everything Geo. Sorry to hear about your split.
Howdy Yaaaal!
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

Thanks Val,

As with all things it has its good and sad points.

I'm gonna miss that pond and waterfalls i have been working on.......... :cry:

When all is clear i will be better able to concentrate on art and such, and learning my new TVPA software, so in the end it will be ok!
"When the love of power is overcome by the power of love, the world will know peace.”
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Well as I said good luck. I'll be parting with my pond soon too. I decided to sell my house and move closer into town.
I posted a new bird clip from my pond. Check it out Geo.
http://onceuponapond.blogspot.com/2008/ ... mised.html
Also if anyone here is animating birds and need some good reference shots, peek at my blog, there might be some useful footage for you.
Howdy Yaaaal!
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

VERY nice i like your film a lot. Love the guitar and also the eagle, beautiful work. Thanks for sharing, it put a (much needed) smile on my face. :P
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

As a small boy I said to my dad..."Everytime I look for something I always find it at the last place I look. Why cant I find it at the first place I look????"
My dad said to me while laughing and shaking his head "Brilliant.. simply brilliant." I was 6yrs old.

wonderful drawings Brett

regards,
William
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Having fun with the multi-plane camera tonight:

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

Hi, Idragosani,
I've been away from the forum for too long, and just checked back in to see what's going on - and watched your camera plane video - it is very spooky and looks good! Very nice drawing. Got more?
:) Kathleen
osX 10.7.5 intel iMac, i7MBP
TVP Pro 10.0.14