made in tvpaint

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Paul Fierlinger

Re: made in tvpaint

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

hisko wrote:Thanks, I'll try it.
And I'm sure there is a legitimate way to buy it.
Well, by that I mean a legitimate way of buying it for a much discounted rate. There are two reutable dealers oferring this deal in the U.S., Safe Harbor and B&H. It's a top notch NLE for HDTV editing and it comes with DVD Architect, which will soon be upgraded to bur BluRay disks and Vegas is bundled with Sound Forge, one of the old standards for professional sound editing. Very easy to learn too. There are plenty of Mirage owners who use it.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
hisko

Post by hisko »

It's a top notch NLE for HDTV editing and it comes with DVD Architect, which will soon be upgraded to bur BluRay disks and Vegas is bundled with Sound Forge, one of the old standards for professional sound editing. Very easy to learn too. There are plenty of Mirage owners who use it.[/quote]

That sounds fantastic.
I love blu-ray, it will mean the end of DVD projection on festivals and other nuisances.
I'm the proud owner of a blu-ray player and a 1080p beamer (panasonic ae2000), and I can't wait to see my own films and other great festivalanimation on blu-ray on my big screen. It will take a while, but the moment animators find out about HD, I'm sure there will be lots of festivalanimation available on Blu-ray.
Paul Fierlinger

Right now Vegas can burn onto Blu-ray directly from the timeline (no chapters etc.) I think most major festivals will still prefer for quite some time beta sp video tapes.
Paul
hisko

Post by hisko »

Paul Fierlinger wrote: I think most major festivals will still prefer for quite some time beta sp video tapes.
Yes, but it's a matter of time. As you know, what happens now is that some festivals use the DVD's that were send in with the entryform, for the final projection when the film is selected.
I heard some idiots of a famous festival say that there is not a big difference between 35mm and DVD projection. Well that's complete nonsense of course. 35mm film contains the equivalent of about 10 times more pixels.
But Blu-ray is approaching the quality of 35mm. Maybe not for life-action or 3d films, but I would be surprised if I could see the difference between 35mm and blu-ray when I see a 2d animated film.
So what I think is going to happen, is that festivals will switch to blu-ray because they don't have to pay the enormous expenses of sending all those 35mm prints and digibeta's around.

I'm sure that I will have some 35mm prints at the time my film is finished, but I will submit my film on Blu-ray, to make sure it's seen in the right way.
Paul Fierlinger

I believe the principal reason festivals don't like to use DVDs is that they often fail; they get stuck in one spot and there is no way to get past that spot without starting over again. But as far 35 mm film goes, pretty soon all major theaters will have video projectors anyway (or satellite downloads).
Paul
hisko

Post by hisko »

You may be right about the DVD's (although I experienced different things on festivals).
Digital projection has some advantages in relation to 35mm. I saw a comparison in a lab and the digital projection was more brilliant and had a wider colorgamut (lemonyellow, for instance can't be shown on film).
And the advantage of streaming films over distributing 1000's of big 35mm films all around the world is obvious as far as money goes.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hisko, your works are awesome !! :shock:
Fabrice Debarge
hisko

Post by hisko »

Thanks Fabrice,
and thanks Zigotto.
It would be nice to upload some clips, but I haven't time right now to make new clips.
Do you know why TVPforum can't handle AVI?
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

concerning the formats available for file attachement, I haven't the answer to your question,
just an idea :
can you zip the AVI file and upload it here ?
we just will have to unzip it in order to play the video in our favorite player.
:)
Last edited by ZigOtto on 13 May 2008, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

The next change after the forum will probably be the gallery. :)
Fabrice Debarge
hisko

Post by hisko »

Zigotto,

I tried to zip it, but it was still to big, so I think I wait until the gallery has been changed.

Fabrice, maybe the limitation of 4 mb could be stretched, so that people can upload high def material.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

hisko wrote:Zigotto,

I tried to zip it, but it was still to big, so I think I wait until the gallery has been changed.

Fabrice, maybe the limitation of 4 mb could be stretched, so that people can upload high def material.
try to render to a mp4 file. they are often as small as h.264, but less color shifting and artifacts.
hisko

Post by hisko »

Hi Zigotto and Asaf,

It's 1080p material and when I render it as a mp4 it gets appr. 35mb big and there's a huge colorshift.
Till now the only compression that works for me in the 1080p mode is AVI Divx. It looks terrific and it's small (but not small enough for this forum (6mb))
I don't want to spend any more time compressing, because I have a lot of work to do, but if yuou give me your e-mail adress I can send you an AVI DIVX .
Please play it in the official free Divx player at http://www.divx.com

Cheers, Hisko
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

:shock: this movie is going to be a BLAST !!! :D
Hisko, if you keep this high-level quality (graphic, colors, lights, animation, ...) all along the story,
(also if the story is good, and I'm pretty sure it is), Annecy 2010 could be a great Vintage, indeed! :D
Playing your 10" full-screen on a Dell 2407 is a pure delight for the eyes!
it's definitively the best animated piece I've ever seen, made entirely with TVPaint ... (standing ovation!) :lol:

(DivX player on XP pro, Media Player Classic on XP64, DivX player didn't want to start on XP64, "because the app's config is wrong" or something like that, and a re-install didn't change anything ...)
VLC doesn't work fine, showing "artifacts" in colors.

Keep it up at the top ! :wink:
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

Vegas 6 from a dealer and upgrading to Vegas 8 Pro, all for around $ 200.
Thanks for that one Paul, i have been looking into Vegas.................
"When the love of power is overcome by the power of love, the world will know peace.”