knock, knock

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

A few posts back I wrote this:

I'm excited with TVPaint. I copied my configs from mirage under Aplication Data into TVPaint and it works!! The splash screen even showed up black and I have my mirage plugins sitting right there. This is far out!!!
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
CharlieC

blink blink

Post by CharlieC »

i feel like my train car got hooked to a different engine overnight.

i hope no one minds answering the occasional mirage question until buy tvp when i'm done with my current project.

one being-
anyone know how to keep the fx stack key frames locked, so they don't jump around to different #'s when creating a new layer? i notice the 'locks' in the keyframer fx stack don't function that way.
(i'm creating keyframes on my key drawings so as i do inbetweens i can jump, and keep track of, to my key drawings faster.)

charlie
spacecat

Post by spacecat »

Hi Charlie,

I too will be using Mirage for a bit as well, at least until I can afford to get the TV paint Pro pack...
CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey »

Good to see you Paul!
Svengali

coming aboard...

Post by Svengali »

HELLO to all my fellow Mirage immigrants ,

I feel a little like I just walked around the corner to discover that one of my favorite neighborhood bars just burned to the ground. It's disconcerting how many years of rich and worthy Mirage user history and wisdom just went up in smoke. :( But then all things must pass and it would seem the road is bright ahead.

And so I'd also like to say HELLO to all TVPainters here I've not yet met. :)

Svengali
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Hello all you new&old people, feel very welcome
Remember that Mirage is also TVP 7 !
So this is definately your home too!
Don't hesitate with any Mirage issues you are at the right place here.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

And so I'd also like to say HELLO to all TVPainters here I've not yet met.
Hello, you are all welcome ! :D
Fabrice Debarge
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Hi Svengali,
Loved the quote about the neighborhood bar burning down. That pretty much summed up my feelings exactly.

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your AVATAR.

It was the members that made the forum, not the forum. In addition to all of the valuable info gleamed there, it was also a great place to discuss Art and Philosophy.
Howdy Yaaaal!
Nicolas R

Re: blink blink

Post by Nicolas R »

CharlieC wrote: anyone know how to keep the fx stack key frames locked, so they don't jump around to different #'s when creating a new layer? i notice the 'locks' in the keyframer fx stack don't function that way.
(i'm creating keyframes on my key drawings so as i do inbetweens i can jump, and keep track of, to my key drawings faster.)

charlie
Hey Charlie, welcome here!

Feel free to ask all the questions you may have about Mirage or its more recent versions.

To lock the keyframes, I think you should use the 'C' button, then the locks button.
I don't have a Mirage version to try it but it works fine here on TVP Animation Pro.
If I undertand correctly, you're using keyframes as bookmarks on the timeline?
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Tantalus wrote:Hello all you new&old people, feel very welcome .
Remember that Mirage is also TVP 7 !
So this is definately your home too!
Don't hesitate with any Mirage issues you are at the right place here.
Yes, Welcome to all.

Peter is right : it helps the transition if you just remind yourself that "Mirage" was a brand name . Mirage = TVP version 7.0 .
It developed here to TVP v.8.0 , now TVP 8.5.

There actually is an official Aura/Mirage section of this forum located here:

http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

which says on the sub-forum header: "You got a problem with Mirage or Aura ? Tell us here."

However, I don't think anyone who stays with Mirage (TVP 7.0) for now needs to feel like they have to be isolated in that sub-forum, unless it's a very specific Aura or Mirage issue which has no reference to the present version of TVP . Unless the moderators say otherwise (?) I think everything else can be talked about in the general forums or technical support whether you have TVP 7.0 or TVP 8.0, or TVP 8.5 .

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
CharlieC

Re: blink blink

Post by CharlieC »

thanks Nicholas
To lock the keyframes, I think you should use the 'C' button, then the locks button.
I don't have a Mirage version to try it but it works fine here on TVP Animation Pro.
If I undertand correctly, you're using keyframes as bookmarks on the timeline?
[/quote]

what i find is the keyframes are designed to freely slide around in the timeline, and when a layer is selected and the keyframes hop to it, they will slide around as that layer slides. i think the locks function to remember a different type of position other than timeline position, which i don't recall right now.

so as bookmarks, they still work well, but i just have to leave one synced at zero so i can slide them all back if i inadvertently move them.
Svengali

Kicking the tires

Post by Svengali »

After a day with TVP Pro I'm convinced to do the upgrade to 8.5. Everything, I mean EVERYTHING is better, more solid, more intuitive and yet almost completely backward compatible to my Mirage settings. I'm still using the demo, testing the interface, my collection of custom buttons and scripts I've developed in Element. With one or two exceptions they all work just fine. In those cases where they don't, a simple tweak or two brings them up to code. Impressive, very.

Sven
manji312

Re: knock, knock

Post by manji312 »

So now I see where everyone from the Mirage forums went. I'm mostly a lurker but its good to know that there is still a community to go to. After playing with the TV Paint demo for a few hours, I am already sold, and somewhat frustrated that I waited so long based on apparently empty promises. Its all history now. Good to see everyone is well.
Julian wigley

Re:

Post by Julian wigley »

Mandalaholic wrote:Sorry Paul,
I couldn't resist the animated avatar.
Valerie
Keep them flowing Valerie.

Jules.
slowtiger

knock, knock - who's there? - slow. - slow what? - slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Hi there,

when I spent a week at the Stuttgart Animation Festival I didn' suspect to loose my Mirage forum and all the friends from there in the meantime - I feel like being sneaked up. Frankly, I'm pissed about that. OK, things go on.

Now I'm here and willing to switch, but right now I'm completely broke. I live from my girlfriend's money in the moment, and even an investment of 380 € needs to be seriously discussed, and the month is progressing fastly.

On the bright side: I've met a lot of very interesting people, including Joanna Quinn *bows* who I think is a genius when it comes to drawing and animation. I've seen quite a lot of films, even good ones, but am glad to discover that I am still able to compete. My very first completely digital film will premiere in June on the Shortfilmfestival in Hamburg (although I erased that mentioning of Mirage in the credits).

So if anyone has an animation or graphics design job to offer right now, please remember me ...