TVPaint 12 bugs (Windows)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
chenry1991

TVPaint 12 bugs (Windows)

Post by chenry1991 »

Making a note here of a couple of issues I have encountered that are causing TVpaint to abruptly exit while working:

- Occasionally using the delete key to delete a layer crashes / exits program (always works fine with dedicated delete layer button)
- Application consistently quits if attempting to copy and paste a layer group into a new clip / scene

I am avoiding doing either of these actions right now to prevent work loss but wanted to log them somewhere in case others experience the same problems.
kelanhordos

Re: TVPaint 12 bugs (Windows)

Post by kelanhordos »

- Occasionally using the delete key to delete a layer crashes / exits program (always works fine with dedicated delete layer button)
Are you referring in the bolded portion I quoted to the "delete" option if you right click on the layer? Just asking because I have had several crashes while doing that, but it is not all the time for me and I have been unable to reproduce it consistently to figure out what circumstances cause it.

Also, is your delete key set to "Tvpaint Animation > delete selection (adaptive)?" I have had crashes with using this shortcut as well, but also intermittently.
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 12 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5