Rotation Requests

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
hatmango

Rotation Requests

Post by hatmango »

I would love it if I were about to remap R to function the way that clicking on the rotation icon in the UI works. Being able to hold R and having that activate free rotation while moving the mouse like how Photoshop functions. I would also really appreciate being able to Shift+R and have stepped free rotation so it's easy to quickly go back to the default rotation through the same action.
kelanhordos

Re: Rotation Requests

Post by kelanhordos »

Hi hatmango,

Are you aware that ctrl + alt opens up that UI and allows for what you are asking? I realize you might want only one key, but just in case. There is also a couple shortcuts under shortcuts>zoom> rotate +/- 15 degrees, which again not a free rotation exactly might be something at least?

If neither of those work maybe someone who knows scripting well can chime in whether its possible through that.
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 12 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5
hatmango

Post by hatmango »

I am aware of those shortcuts but thank you! I would just prefer the option to have it match up to other software and the ease of having things consolidated into a single key so I don't have to dedicate multiple shortcuts to either direction for stepped and then one for reset as well. It would just make things quicker.
Léo
Site Admin

Post by Léo »

hatmango wrote: 05 Sep 2024, 14:41 I am aware of those shortcuts but thank you! I would just prefer the option to have it match up to other software and the ease of having things consolidated into a single key so I don't have to dedicate multiple shortcuts to either direction for stepped and then one for reset as well. It would just make things quicker.
Hello hatmango,
This option will be available to be assigned in the Shortcuts Panel in a future update.
Stay tuned !
Léo Fernandez
TVPaint Q&A and Lead Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester
Windows 11 AMD Ryzen 7 7745HX with Radeon Graphics CPU @ 3.60 GHz,
32 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.3 and 12 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro.
Wacom driver version 6.4.2-3