Remap Alt+Right Click Zoom?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
petescalzitti

Remap Alt+Right Click Zoom?

Post by petescalzitti »

Hello!

I just bought a Surface Laptop Studio 2 for animating in TVPaint (11.7) among a few other things... so far I'm LOVING IT.

I've noticed however that with the Surface Pen Slim, when I try to do my favorite zoom in/out shortcut, which is Alt+Right Click and drag (with right click mapped to the button on the pen), the right click button doesn't hold even when I hold down the button on the pen, thus doing one quick right click before behaving like a left click, making it so I can't zoom in (since it doesn't hold, it acts like a normal Alt+Left click, and pans around the screen)

My first thought was to try and figure out how to get the surface pen slim button to hold the right click, but I'm coming up blank on that. Seems hard to get the right results when I search for that- I keep getting links about disabling the click and hold right click with the pen, which isn't what I'm looking for...

My second thought is to just change the shortcut altogether... perhaps to Alt+Shift+Left Click and drag to zoom in and out... but I can't seem to find out how to do this in the keyboard shortcut remapper... When I find zoom there, the only shortcuts that come up that I seem to be able to change are the > and < shortcuts for zooming...

Anyone out there have any ideas how I can remedy this?

I'd also LOVE to map pinch zooming in and out with my fingers on the glorious touch screen of my Surface Laptop Studio 2, but that doesn't seem to work either...

Thanks in advance for any help!
Léo
Site Admin

Re: Remap Alt+Right Click Zoom?

Post by Léo »

Hello petescalzitti,
In some case, you can try to enable "Subpixel" option in Preference Panel under WINTAB, it could allow to do the Alt+Right Click Zoom.
As the Surface Laptop Studio 2 is not a computer we've tried, it is difficult for us to know why the Surface Pen Slim with the Right Click mapped on it don't work well on TVPaint.
Both Right click don't works on TVPaint (simple and hold) with the Surface Pen Slim ? Or only the Hold Right click don't works ?
petescalzitti wrote: 07 Aug 2024, 19:30 My second thought is to just change the shortcut altogether... perhaps to Alt+Shift+Left Click and drag to zoom in and out... but I can't seem to find out how to do this in the keyboard shortcut remapper... When I find zoom there, the only shortcuts that come up that I seem to be able to change are the > and < shortcuts for zooming...
The ALT shortcuts can't be change due to management on different OS, we had to lock some keys to have better stability on each OS.
But to bypass this issue, you can search Zoom > Interface > Panning & Zooming (held) and map it on another shortcut. It will allow you to use a key + leftclick to zoom
Capture d’écran 2024-08-08 114216.png
petescalzitti wrote: 07 Aug 2024, 19:30 I'd also LOVE to map pinch zooming in and out with my fingers on the glorious touch screen of my Surface Laptop Studio 2, but that doesn't seem to work either...
We are currently working on the compatibility of the Pinch Zoom on TVPaint Animation 12, stay tuned !
Léo Fernandez
TVPaint Q&A and Lead Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester
Windows 11 AMD Ryzen 7 7745HX with Radeon Graphics CPU @ 3.60 GHz,
32 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.3 and 12 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro.
Wacom driver version 6.4.2-3
petescalzitti

Re: Remap Alt+Right Click Zoom?

Post by petescalzitti »

Thank you very much Léo!!

It actually seems like both right clicks (simple and hold) don't work for me with the surface pen slim on the Surface Laptop Studio 2, only in TVPaint... simple right clicks works everywhere else. I'm not sure where I can test right click hold, as TVPaint is the only software in which I use that shortcut!

Thank you for your suggestions- I tried activating Subpixel, but unfortunately nothing changed for me.

I like the idea of changing the keyboard shortcut for Panning and Zooming (held)! I was able to map that to different keys (I chose Shift+Z), but I could not find where to change the right click to a left click, so it's still not working for me... am I able to change the right click to a left click while holding Shift+Z (or back to the original Alt?)

Thanks for you help!