How to move multiple layers at once

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
mikdog

How to move multiple layers at once

Post by mikdog »

Something is confounding me - I've created the animation for 2 characters that include a number of layers, and I want to shift/pan them all to the left as I've drawn them a little too far to the right.
However, having tried keyframer which results in multiple stamps of the image for some reason all shifted at various intervals to the left, and the transform tool on a colour group which appears to not pick up instances after the first couple of instances/exposures for some reason, I'm stumped - what's the correct way to move/pan all my character layers -250 to the left, please? :?
Any help greatly appreciated.

mikdog

Re: How to move multiple layers at once

Post by mikdog »

Figured it out - I think because I was using CTG layers that made things weird.
I converted all CTG layers to normal animation layers, and didn't select a source as the colour group.
It worked when I just kept it simple with Keyframer.
Didn't figure out how to get Transform to work, but Keyframer worked well for this.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

mikdog wrote: 20 Jul 2024, 19:53 Figured it out - I think because I was using CTG layers that made things weird.
I converted all CTG layers to normal animation layers, and didn't select a source as the colour group.
It worked when I just kept it simple with Keyframer.

Didn't figure out how to get Transform to work, but Keyframer worked well for this.
I'm glad you figured it out. I would usually just do this sort of function using the KeyFramer , but if you want to use Transform, be sure you select option Apply On All Layers or Apply on Selected Layers.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

My go to, out of the box, method for shifting multiple layers is to use the crop tool.

to shift 250 pixels to the left, position the crop 250 to the right.
do not scale, just reposition (making sure none of your animation gets clipped) apply and voila all content is on its new position.

off course your back ground will be clipped so first copy it and past it back after the shift.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM