tvpaint 12 crash - using other versions for production set up in v12

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
paultoonz

tvpaint 12 crash - using other versions for production set up in v12

Post by paultoonz »

hi there, noticed a recurring issue with tvpaint v12 that could cause some big problems for productions where the artists are using other versions of the software.

1. camera location and pan action does not translate between v12 and v11 accurately... (different tech maybe, but something like this is quite critical to fix i think)
2. when exporting a file set up in v12, in v11 the software crashes. this is because the camera frame rate sets itself to 0 FPS (why this happens and then the software crashes, i dont know) when its reset to 24fps its fine.

so this bug seems to affect different versions from v12, which wasnt an issue during v11

also i noticed, personally, v11.7.3 would crash randomly despite numerous attempts to fix (config file etc) 11.7.1 being the previous version which worked great... v12 has the same issue on Mac M2 with 64gb ram... seems to be a memory issue related to the software (no such issues otherwise with other software.

thought id share this incase anyone else is experiencing the same issues or comes along with similar issues.. ive messaged tech about this as well so hopefully a fix is due soon.
Senneman

Re: tvpaint 12 crash - using other versions for production set up in v12

Post by Senneman »

Same here! I'm also a Mac M2 user (M2 Max 32 gb) and TVP12 is also crashing occasionally. It is noticeable when logging out and back in. And it sometimes happens when using the Line tool.
There is also the timeline popping up when hiding it (shortkey '0'). Still don't know if it is a bug or a feature :-D