tv_ClipSaveStructure Topic is solved

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
MightyNice

tv_ClipSaveStructure

Post by MightyNice »

I have read an earlier post on what is accessible with this command. I have a similar question.

I wish to edit the render resolution width and height. Is there an option for this? It looks like i could possibly use tv_resizepage tv_resizeproject, but i don't want to change the working res, just the render resolution.

If it helps, I am using the SDK with the TVSendCmd() function to use george scripting commands.

thanks,

Jason
Jeremy Richard

Re: tv_ClipSaveStructure

Post by Jeremy Richard »

I don't know if this is one of the posts you've read, but I came across this thread tv_saveSequence with half the resolution in which Clément shared a script which export a png half the size of the project's resolution, without changing the project's resolution.

But, quoting Clément:
Clément wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 09:51 It has a drawback though at this point: it will export the whole display, not individual layers, and it is not suitable if you have camera setup.
So I'm not sure that is what you are looking for.

Just in case, here is the script (I replaced the original written output path by a tv_ReqFile):

Code: Select all

//Request folder
tv_ReqFile "Choose ouput directory"
export_path = RESULT

tv_CameraInfo 
PARSE result bakCamWidth bakCamHeight bakCamFieldmode bakCamFramerate bakCamApectratio bakCamBlur

tv_CameraEnumPoints 0
PARSE result bakP0X bakP0Y bakP0Angle bakP0Size

downSampleFactor = 0.5
inverseFactor = 1.0 / downSampleFactor

tv_getwidth
projectWidth = result
tv_getheight
projectHeight = result

w2 = projectWidth / 2
h2 = projectHeight / 2
downSampleCamWidth = projectWidth * downSampleFactor
downSampleCamHeight = projectHeight * downSampleFactor

tv_camerainfo downSampleCamWidth downSampleCamHeight
tv_CameraSetPoint 0 w2 h2 0 inverseFactor

tv_savemode "png"
tv_projectsavesequence export_path "camera"

tv_CameraInfo bakCamWidth bakCamHeight bakCamFieldmode bakCamFramerate bakCamApectratio bakCamBlur
tv_CameraSetPoint 0 bakP0X bakP0Y bakP0Angle bakP0Size
MightyNice

Post by MightyNice »

Thank you for the reply! That is interesting.

Unfortunately, I need all the layers. The animators like to work using double the resolution. So, for a 4K job, they will use 8K, and then comp will resize it, but would be easier to come out of TVPaint at 4K. The option is there in the export UI, so ideally it could be scripted the same way. (the script exports all the layers and versions using our pipeline structure.)
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Hello!
You have to resize your project with tv_resize, there is no other way around. But it's easy to une tv_undo or to close the resized project to keep your working res as is, it's just a temporary resize for export
I've never been able to change the export size otherwise. Another thinkg would be to edit camera settings and then export the camera instead of the project, but if camera has keys it may be a bit harder to manage
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
MightyNice

Post by MightyNice »

Thank you for your creative solution!
MightyNice

Post by MightyNice »

I tried tv_resizeproject. It works, but it takes time to "convert" the project.

Once converted and exported, it has to be resized back which takes more time. It doesn't appear to be something that can be undone either.

It would be good to get export width and height exposed to tv_ClipSaveStructure. That would be the ideal solution.
Jeremy Richard

Post by Jeremy Richard »

MightyNice wrote: 22 Jul 2024, 09:34 It would be good to get export width and height exposed to tv_ClipSaveStructure.
+1
MightyNice

Post by MightyNice »

Another thing regarding tv_clipsavestructure iPath "JSON", it does not seem possible to use mark in/out points. "PSD" has the option.

For our WIP export, I use tv_projectsavesequence and that works with in/out setting. On that topic, thanks to the person that posted how to set MP4. tv_savemode with no options shows all the modes. That output would be a helpful addition to the documentation.