TVPAINT 11.5.3 NEXT INSTANCE problem

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Joost

Re: TVPAINT 11.5.3 NEXT INSTANCE problem

Post by Joost »

Xavier wrote: 16 Feb 2022, 17:38
ChristopherC wrote: 08 Feb 2022, 11:46 it's messed with my workflow too, sad to see the old functionality is not being considered as an option.
It would help if we could better understand your workflows :wink:
Well, maybe this is off topic, but the flexibility how to turn on/off auto break instances is very nice. However, I prefer the way it was in TVPaint 10.5. I might be the only one, but when I draw I ALWAYS want to break an instance, especially when I'm on an empty frame. And when using the transform tool I NEVER want to break an instance, because it messes up my layer. So what I did now, is make a keyboard shortcut that automatically sets the layer on auto break instance when using a drawing tool, and turns it off when selecting the transform tool. But this method also has it's flaws. For example: When I want to move multiple layers I have to select the transform tool for again for every layer I want to move, to make sure auto break is turned off...
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

My habit is similar, I always draw with auto-break. But I dislike that the transform tool doesn't break when I'm in an exposure frame, I always have to click with the eraser first to break, then apply transform.
What I should do is to try and create a script which applies "re-compute" on a layer after FX, merge, or Transform.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Joost

Post by Joost »

slowtiger wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 11:27 My habit is similar, I always draw with auto-break. But I dislike that the transform tool doesn't break when I'm in an exposure frame, I always have to click with the eraser first to break, then apply transform.
What I should do is to try and create a script which applies "re-compute" on a layer after FX, merge, or Transform.

The problem about "recompute" is that the "repeat images" function wil be lost, right?
And it's has a bit of a delay...
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Joost

Post by Joost »

Xavier wrote: 16 Feb 2022, 17:38
ChristopherC wrote: 08 Feb 2022, 11:46 it's messed with my workflow too, sad to see the old functionality is not being considered as an option.
It would help if we could better understand your workflows :wink:

Would it be an option to have a checkbox for autobreak exposure attached to tools? (for example: I would like to turn off the auto break always when I use the transform tool, so the autobreak checkbox would be turned off for this tool, and for my brushes it will be turned on)
Could this be a solution? Or will this cause problems elsewhere?...
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Joost wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 11:22 Well, maybe this is off topic, but the flexibility how to turn on/off auto break instances is very nice. However, I prefer the way it was in TVPaint 10.5. I might be the only one, but when I draw I ALWAYS want to break an instance, especially when I'm on an empty frame. And when using the transform tool I NEVER want to break an instance, because it messes up my layer. So what I did now, is make a keyboard shortcut that automatically sets the layer on auto break instance when using a drawing tool, and turns it off when selecting the transform tool. But this method also has it's flaws. For example: When I want to move multiple layers I have to select the transform tool for again for every layer I want to move, to make sure auto break is turned off...
Guys sorry, I'm afraid that if you let your comments here the ideas may be lost. Would you mind putting a post in the "feature & improvement requests" section ?