icons from custom panel gone Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
krycekuva

icons from custom panel gone

Post by krycekuva »

hey there,

can any tell me how to get the icon from the custom panel back? a few days ago tvp crashed while opening a fairly big project and since then I can't see the symbols in the custom panel on the right pop-up panel. the panel opens, but I only see slightly lighter grey squares. the names remain, but no symbol. I don't know if I'm accessing the eraser, the blue or black pen, or the bucket. all of the icons are the same.
Dean
Site Admin

Re: icons from custom panel gone

Post by Dean »

Hello,
Are you using a Mac?
Probably a vampire
krycekuva

Post by krycekuva »

hi, thank you for replying.
i am using a pc. it has so far, always worked. I've been using tvpaint for the last 10 years or so, and the current version from day 1. this is the first time this happens and I can't see what the problem is, and I wouldn't like to uninstall/reinstall the program if the fix can be done before.
chrisdlau

Post by chrisdlau »

I had a similar issue last year and found that deleting this file and allowing it to be recreated by opening and closing the application fixed the issue for me. I would take a backup of it before you delete it though so you can put it back if needs be.

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\tvp animation 11\default\config.ini

This is my suggestion, I don't use the software, but I work in an IT department that supports users of the software so this solution may not fit with how you use it.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Deleting the config file will solve the issue, but you will lose some of your custom settings.
What I did is send krycekuva the Tool Preset panel in the form of a custom panel .tvpx file, opening it fixed the issue
Probably a vampire